Kingken OSullivanM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Some uploaded pictures not showing on maps

@Kingken OSullivanM @VirtualTravelGirl @Ram791 @ArielleM_

I had this issue as well in the last days. Now hour by hour photos are showing up. So I guess the by some technical or other reasons, this was just delayed. best is to wait a few days. And do not resubmit your reviews and photos, that may cause even more confusion and delay. Have some cups of tea and wait a few days 😉

Former Google Contributor

Hey @SuzanneBozz,

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your photos are being restored. 

We're always here to help and appreciate your patience.

Level 6

Good to know, thank you. Cheers.

Level 10

@ArielleM_,

Thanks for your input and escalating the issue. I've read that Google Maps Help Forum and there doesn't seem to be any new developments as of yet. Now these issues were previously one-offs where certain photos of particular places just never attached to the POI. There was an instance back in September 2017 where zero photos attached to the POI even after being re-uploaded, but after waiting two days I deleted all of them and re-uploaded them and most of them were uploaded successfully.

The last photos that I contributed to Google Maps before today was on Tuesday afternoon, and they were all successful. I went out yesterday to take about a good 110+ or so photos and started uploaded about 20 of them today. None of them attached to the POI. So based on @SuzanneBozz' reports, the photos seem to appear bit by bit by the hour. Naturally this has been my general solution to just wait, but there are still countless instances where many of my past photos just never reach the light of day. So I guess I'll need to wait before contributing any new photos.

This is the only real issue that is impacting my contributions, and if the listings/Google decide that these great photos are not barely good enough to even feature and rather expect an outdated streetview image of the building's backside to accurately represent the business, I don't know how I can continue on.

So I will be watching closely on further developments, thanks for now.

Level 10

Forgot to add a few points:

• These uploads were done in two usual environments where I usually do my uploads: at my cousin's place and outside in a typical suburban area where I have made countless uploads before. The uploads were all completed relatively quickly.
  • I have already made the attempt to delete the photo and then reupload. Google Maps lagged for a little bit and took about 10 minutes for a deleted photo to disappear off my contributions, but re-uploading the photo still won't make it attach to the POI.
  • The quality of the photo is always of the highest, and best quality that will best represent the business, as I have always done for the last year to exceeding degrees of success. So this is a systemic thing for the meantime.

Arielle, would I be able to pinpoint the examples outside of this issue where photos simply never attached to the POI? The two photos I previously mentioned to Jeslyn still have not attached to this day. And I am trying to keep a close track of the photos that never attach but I'm still down on a few numbers, surely there is a function that shows photos that are currently under moderation, rejected items or give them the ability to be released.

Level 10

Actually @SuzanneBozz was right. Have a few cups of tea and the photos will eventually pass through. They did just about 30 minutes ago, so give or take about 3 hours for them to attach to the POI. Two of them didn't however. So I suppose that now I know that they'll eventually reach the listing, I'll start doing the rest slowly.

P.S. I like iced tea.

Level 5

ArielleM. I see you are a brand new moderator. Please dont comment as a “moderator” when you dont have the foggiest idea of a solution. It marks the thread as having moderator interaction and may discourage a another moderator from commenting that actually knows whats going on or could provide some poignant information.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Erock126,

I understand your frustration and would like to remind you of the Core Values of Connect. As a moderator, I felt it was my duty to at least let everyone know we're aware of your concerns and will do all we can to raise these points on your behalf.

That being said, you're always welcome to tag a moderator in your responses and posts to ensure someone will be notified of your discussions.

Thank you.

Level 8

Thanks for the info on how to check the number of photos attached!

It looks like I am also having issues with some photos disappearing and thus reducing my percentage to 8% missing. I recently went in to write a review for a restaurant that I had previously attached photos to but they are no longer showing on the listing (even though they have views per my contribution page). If I remember correctly these were added and it was prompting for the names of the items on the menu (which doesn't appear to have stuck either).

Screenshot 2018-05-10 at 6.45.00 PM.png

Hoping for an update or fix on this soon!

Level 10

Dear @ArielleM_

To this day, every single upload is taking about 2-4 hours before it's being approved to be shown on Google Maps. And even after the timeframe, too many of my photos aren't passing through the initial algorithm approval checks. The current article on the help forums also hasn't been answered yet.

There needs to be something done.