Kingken OSullivanM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Some uploaded pictures not showing on maps

Hi, I have had problems with uploading photos since end of last week. I uploaded 2 photos for 2 restaurants but photos aren't showing up on their page after uploading. I tried submitting photos together with the reviews and the result is that only the reviews appear on the restaurant page on Google maps but not the photos. When I go to 'my contribution', I can see my reviews in the reviews tab not the photos aren't with the reviews. Photos that I uploaded together with reviews do appear on the photos tab but the fact that they aren't appearing on the restaurant page on Google maps means people don't get to see the photos and this results in very low number of views of that photos. There were 3 photos in the restaurant page on Google maps before I uploaded and this remains the same afterwards and I have the same problems with another restaurant as well and it has been one week. Ken

Screenshot_20161110-093530~01.pngScreenshot_20161110-093535~01.pngScreenshot_20161110-093607.pngScreenshot_20161110-093837~01.png

48 comments
Level 8

Re: Some uploaded pictures not showing on maps

Hi @Kingken OSullivanM,

I encountered the same issue in one place.

The uploaded photo is in some "temporary" place, and never attached to the correct POI (the restaurant).

I reported this issue via Send Feedback in Maps, and still pending.  

Not much I can do further after tested:

1.  Upload via Mobile, in Maps directly

2.  Upload via Mobile, in Photos and select the correct POI

3.  Upload via Desktop, in Maps

Please us know if you find the root cause of your issue and the corresponding solution. 

Level 3
Level 3

Same issue happening this week: store, conservation area - reviews posted, but not the pictures. Tried the upload on mobile via "Share with Maps" option as well as the regular way through "Maps" app for Android.

Level 8

I have exactly the same problem.. really don't know what to do.. 

@Kingken OSullivanM wrote:

Hi, I have had problems with uploading photos since end of last week. I uploaded 2 photos for 2 restaurants but photos aren't showing up on their page after uploading. I tried submitting photos together with the reviews and the result is that only the reviews appear on the restaurant page on Google maps but not the photos. When I go to 'my contribution', I can see my reviews in the reviews tab not the photos aren't with the reviews. Photos that I uploaded together with reviews do appear on the photos tab but the fact that they aren't appearing on the restaurant page on Google maps means people don't get to see the photos and this results in very low number of views of that photos. There were 3 photos in the restaurant page on Google maps before I uploaded and this remains the same afterwards and I have the same problems with another restaurant as well and it has been one week. Ken

Screenshot_20161110-093530~01.pngScreenshot_20161110-093535~01.pngScreenshot_20161110-093607.pngScreenshot_20161110-093837~01.png

Level 5

I have the same problem, most of my images don't show up on Google Maps. 

Did you find a solution yet ? 

Level 3

I have the same issue - I've updated photos to map places. Some have been added to locations, some have not. I'm not going to be motivated to add pictures if they don't show up - can someone help diagnose why some don't show up yet they show under my contributions Photos tab? Does a business owner need to accept an add request?? This is baffling.

Level 10

@AnthonyMarsala No business owner does not need to accept an add request. If you have multiple gmail accounts do make sure you are contributing at the account you want to contribute in. Most often people didn't realize they login to a different account e.g. mobile vs work etc.

Level 3

Thanks. I've thought of another possibility. I'm a theatre artist and submitted a few cast photos to different theatres. Perhaps photos are not being shown because people's faces are in them? Since it's a public performance space I guess I assumed such a picture could be added, but maybe Google leaning towards individual privacy protection??

Actually, that's probably NOT the reason, because I don't even see the new picture of my house with no people in them that I submitted. Something else is going on.

Level 5

I was looking through my photos that I posted to POIs in Google Maps for an area I hiked in May. When I view the POI in Maps (either by searching or clicking the POI from my Contributions area), many don't show my photo. This includes several POIs that don't have any photos at all. I would think my photo would be wanted if there weren't any photos at all. This isn't an issue of time since it has been pretty long.

Level 8

My panoramic pics doesn't show up on map. I can see them in My Contribution section, but when checking the POI, there is no picture. 

The view count did go up slowly, so somehow, they are probably viewed.

I did try to add one again and when checked the POI, it wasn't there (I could find it in My Contribution section).