AinurZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Sharing is caring

SALEM, which means - Hello in Kazakh Language, dear Local guide community!
My name is AINUR. I leave in Almaty and I am a local guide here.
I am a big fan of Google products when it just started functioning. Besides gmail, google drive and other products at my teenage time, I was also fascinated by google maps (there was google earth too), I was exploring places, which I was dreaming to visit. Visualization works in fact. You know what?! I have been to most of the countries I wanted and dreamed to be (I am sure I am coming back again to most of them). One of the places was Malaysia where I did my bachelor degree. google maps was developing and expanding, and in Malaysia it was so precise, you could find any place you want. And when I came back to Kazakhstan, I was so upset, that maps even in main countries where soooooooooooo poor, that even buildings where not on it's places. from time to time I was editing the map, until once upon a time, my android phone suggested to "contribute to the google maps". I said to myself - "O my God, of course, this is what I am doing, but in different way". So I was adding places, adding feedback on the places. It was just for my pleasure. I was always imagining a foreigner coming to Almaty and without asking help from passerby can find any place he needs (Most of the local people here don't speak English(!)). I read feedback when i plan to go somewhere, and i thank that people who had already been there and advised me to go or not to go to that place. they helped me A LOT! I believe that my sharing small piece of information will help other too, and I do care about it. 

Recently, my family visited a brand new restaurant. It was very cosy and nice place with great view and tasty cuisine and perfect location near mountains. I have added this place in google maps. and pictures of this place were seen for almost 200 times! I hope that this place is more visited now. In my view this is how contribution should work, isn't it? hopefully I am on the right track! 😉

to wrap up my speech, if you come to Almaty, please let me know 😄

Cheers,

Ainur

Almaty, Almaty Province, Kazakhstan
5 comments
Level 1

Re: Sharing is caring

:] I guess

@AinurZ wrote:

SALEM, which means - Hello in Kazakh Language, dear Local guide community!
My name is AINUR. I leave in Almaty and I am a local guide here.
I am a big fan of Google products when it just started functioning. Besides gmail, google drive and other products at my teenage time, I was also fascinated by google maps (there was google earth too), I was exploring places, which I was dreaming to visit. Visualization works in fact. You know what?! I have been to most of the countries I wanted and dreamed to be (I am sure I am coming back again to most of them). One of the places was Malaysia where I did my bachelor degree. google maps was developing and expanding, and in Malaysia it was so precise, you could find any place you want. And when I came back to Kazakhstan, I was so upset, that maps even in main countries where soooooooooooo poor, that even buildings where not on it's places. from time to time I was editing the map, until once upon a time, my android phone suggested to "contribute to the google maps". I said to myself - "O my God, of course, this is what I am doing, but in different way". So I was adding places, adding feedback on the places. It was just for my pleasure. I was always imagining a foreigner coming to Almaty and without asking help from passerby can find any place he needs (Most of the local people here don't speak English(!)). I read feedback when i plan to go somewhere, and i thank that people who had already been there and advised me to go or not to go to that place. they helped me A LOT! I believe that my sharing small piece of information will help other too, and I do care about it. 

Recently, my family visited a brand new restaurant. It was very cosy and nice place with great view and tasty cuisine and perfect location near mountains. I have added this place in google maps. and pictures of this place were seen for almost 200 times! I hope that this place is more visited now. In my view this is how contribution should work, isn't it? hopefully I am on the right track! 😉

to wrap up my speech, if you come to Almaty, please let me know 😄

Cheers,

Ainur

Level 10

Hi @AinurZ

Very nice speech and also good writing skills. You are doing well exploring new places and discover best places.

Whoever visit Kuala Lumpur langkavi genting highland sure they missing a lot that places.

Anyway anytime warm welcome to Malaysia 

Level 8

Thank you, @AkmalB and @JEMARDESHUNB

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @AinurZ

Very nice speech and also good writing skills. You are doing well exploring new places and discover best places.

Whoever visit Kuala Lumpur langkavi genting highland sure they missing a lot that places.

Anyway anytime warm welcome to Malaysia 

Level 8

@AinurZand others,

welcome to Local Guides meet-up in Almaty on 6 October.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/almaty-map-editing-meet-up

Level 9

SALEM @AinurZ , sure we will let you know when Visit Kazakhstan :-))