PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Shapes and Places - Guidance on where to add edits and photos including both flat and photo sphe

Hi @2be4all

Please start a new thread and not dilute this one. Thanks.

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Re: Shapes and Places - Guidance on where to add edits and photos including both flat and photo sphe

Bună @2be4all  întrebare bună. Puteți contribui doar cu imaginile pe care le-ați făcut, nu puteți contribui cu imaginea altcuiva. Imaginile vechi nu sunt, de asemenea, utile pe Hărți, deci nu ar trebui să fie contribuite.

Paul

Level 8

Salut ! @PaulPavlinovich 

Multumesc pentru intelegere,🙂

Cu bine,

2be4all

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich Reading your response to Morten, I'm left with two questions. 1) If they get merged through the maps community, do they then become places (add photos, reviews, suggest edits, etc.)? and 2) Can you link to a post in the community that was successfully resolved? I know that each one will be different but it's helpful to see an example so that other posts don't just fall into the abyss without resolution. 

Additionally, thank you for the original post. That's a helpful breakdown. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Sleuther when shapes and places are merged the place stays available for Local Guides and their contributions remain intact. If two places are merged the content is also merged.

You can search on https://support.google.com/maps/community in the same way I can rather than me providing links.

Requests won't go into a black hole if you have sufficient evidence that you provide and that evidence can be verified.

Paul

Level 8

Hello @PaulPavlinovich,

Thanks for sharing this with us! This is very informative as i have always wondered why we couldn't add pictures or reviews to certain points of interest. Now i believe it has become even more and more interesting. Thanks

Trying to see the world from different lenses. Greetings from Nigeria.

Instagram 

Twitter 

Connect Moderator

You're welcome @Nuhuu when you find places like that you can share them in the Maps Support Community and hopefully they will get fixed up.

Paul

Level 6

How can I add the shape of my town like Kerang? My town is not added on the map. So, do I have to first add my town and then select the shape? How can I select the shape?

And many of your blogs were super helpful for me as a new guide. Thanks, @PaulPavlinovich 

Saad
Connect Moderator

Local Guides are not empowered to make that kind of edit @ThakurSaad only Google can do that. I assume you mean another Kerang because Kerang Victoria Australia is definitely on the map. If you think yours is missing you can try to get to addressed via the Maps help community. https://support.google.com/maps/community

Level 6

Thank you. I will do that then

Saad