SumaiyaZafrin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Seasonal Fruits Of Bangladesh

Summer blessed with various kinds of fruits in our country. Now it's summer season. So, it's time for Mango, jackfruit, and lichy. Jackfruit is our national fruit and Mango is the “king of fruits” in Bangladesh. 
Mango is my favorite food. There are many varieties of mangoes. They are Langra, Fazli, Gopalbhog, Mohanbhog, etc. These mangoes are famous for taste, flavor, and sweetness.

We have a mango garden at our village home Dinajpur. Dinajpur is situated in the northern part of Bangladesh. For the COVID-19 situation this time we could not go to our village home. But my uncle sends different types of Mangos. 
My mother hung some mangoes on the top of the home to give us a little feeling of the garden. We cut and ate mangoes from there. The feeling was very amazing. So I am happy to share this post with my local guide family.Himsagor.  Photo Credit: MeHimsagor. Photo Credit: Me

Himsagor-Hanging at top. Photo Credit: MeHimsagor-Hanging at top. Photo Credit: Me

Langra, Fazli.  Photo Credit: MeLangra, Fazli. Photo Credit: Me

GopalbhogGopalbhog

Gopalbhog. Photo Credit: MeGopalbhog. Photo Credit: Me

Cut mangoes from Home Garden .Photo Credit: My MotherCut mangoes from Home Garden .Photo Credit: My Mother

19 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Seasonal Fruits Of Bangladesh

Hello @SumaiyaZafrin,

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos with us, I love very much the idea of hanging the mangoes on the wall.

Do you usually eat these fruits like this, or you prepare something with them? What is the most common meal or dessert that you make using these fruits?

Feel free to edit your post and add some types of famous dishes that contain these fruits.

You can edit your publication following the helpful instructions that you will find here: Edit your post - Why and How To.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @BorrisS . I will write the details tonight and post them. Thank u again💐

Level 9

Mango is my favorite fruit, i love it a lot @SumaiyaZafrin 

We have many Mango trees at our home and we enjoy it.

Level 10

Hi @SumaiyaZafrin Apu,

Great post about our seasonal fruit mango. Thanks you so much for sharing those beautiful mongo photos with us.

Anyway, I like 'Langra Mango (ল্যাংড়া আম)' most.

Screenshot_20210617-194509_Gallery.jpg

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Level 8

@SumaiyaZafrin  Thank you for ur post. I am missing this year. 
@BorrisS During this season if we are both stay in Bangladesh then normally we go to sumaiya's home town. My father in law has many mango garden. We eat green mango with salt and green Pepper. And Ripe mango with milk. Also eat Ripe mango normally. 

me and Sumaiya at her father's mango gardenme and Sumaiya at her father's mango garden

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo @PavelSarwar! Is this a mango garden?

It's the first time ever that I read about eating green mango with salt and pepper! Wonder how it tastes, as it sounds very interesting!

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Wonderful post @SumaiyaZafrin!

I love sweet ripe mango so much! We don't plant mango trees here in Ukraine because of climate conditions. We have cold winters here. Usually I buy mango in supermarket and put it in dark place to wait when it'll become sweet and tasty.

That's really interesting @PavelSarwar that you eat mango with salt and pepper. Never tried it before.

Stay safe! Have a nice weekend!

Jane

Level 8

@JaneBurunina  You must try Green  mango with salt and pepper

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 10

Hi @SumaiyaZafrin 

So nice post and many photos of mangoes, Yes it's a favorite fruits of mee too! May- June is the best seasons of this fruits in Bangladesh!

Thanks for your nice post and photos!

Have a nice day my friend! 🌻💙

Mahbub

Warm Greetings 🌹💗  from Chittagong city

Bangladesh.🇧🇩  

Pls click here to see my recent posts!!

MD MAHBUB HYDER