goelmyself's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Sadhupul - the famous picnic spot in Himachal- India

I would like to introduce my LG friend’s to a very popular picnic spot, Sadhupul. Its situated in Himachal Pradesh (India) & is quite close to the union territory of Chandigarh (~100kms) even though it takes around 2.5 -3 hours to reach there. People from Chandigarh & nearby places just love going to this place since you can go in the morning & easily return by evening.

This is actually a place where a natural stream runs close to the road, and there are many small stalls (temporary structure shops) setup near the banks of the stream. Earlier the shop owners used to place seating chairs inside the shallow stream, so one could enjoy any snacks, food & drinks while your feet were dipped in stream waters. This practice has been discontinued (to the best of my knowledge) since I was there around a month back & all seating arrangements were by the side.

A snap of SadhupulA snap of Sadhupul

You can enjoy Tea, coffee, noodles, samosa & bread pakode (deep fried Indian snacks)or even other food stuff form the nearby shops. There’s a beautiful view of the valley all around you. Some people, especially youngsters, prefer to go a little far from the road where they then have their drinks (Yes ?)

A major attraction is the government run pool with slides and fountains, in which the whole family can have a good time. There’s an entry ticket, valid for an hour, but it’s well worth it. Kids especially enjoy the slides which end up in the pool a lot.

So, anytime you feel to get away from the hustle bustle of city, you know here to head to ?

Sharing the link to the album :  https://photos.app.goo.gl/UcFzksaxhSRPmzR99

Thanks,

CS

Sadhupul Picnic Spot, Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri Road, Sadhupul, Himachal Pradesh, India
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Sadhupul - the famous picnic spot in Himachal- India

Wow, it is a very nice place for a picnic with friends and family.  @goelmyself Thank you for sharing your experience with us. 

Do you live close to this place?

How often do you go there?

@IshantHP_ig Have you ever been there before?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Aruni , 

I stay in Chandigarh only which is around 100 kms from there.. 

Actually, it was my first time to that place. Made plans to go there quite a few times, but this was the first time we could actually go! 

Thanks, 

Cs g

Hi @goelmyself 

When is the best time to visit it?  

Is this place only for a picnic or more activities you can do around?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @goelmyself 

Thanks for sharing the wonderful spot of Himachal Pradesh with us. The place is really mesmerising and good for picnic (as you mentioned in your post).

Actually i'm from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh and i feel good to see that you write about my state.

Do you live in Sadhupul or just go there for travel?

You can read these posts from Himachal Pradesh:

Snowfall-in-Himachal-Pradesh

Manimahesh-Kailash-Peak-Himachal-Pradesh

Exploring-Chamba-Himachal-Pradesh

Thanks @Aruni for tagging me here, yeah i have already visited at this place and whole Himachal Pradesh state is full with amazing destinations, you can come here in any season because this place near to himalayas so here weather always favourable(moderate). Apart from picnic you can trekking, hiking, camping on the himalayas. Looking forward to see you here. 🙂

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Wow, a lot of activities you can do around. Thank you for your information.

Have a nice day, and don't forget to share your experience here.

Level 9

Hi @Aruni 

Yeah you can do a lot of activities here, and if you love trekking then it's a jackpot place for you.

Yeah i always share my experience with our helpful community.

Level 8

@Aruni ,

You can go anytime except around monsoons I guess, coz there's a very real danger in all such streams and rivers of a flash flood due to a cloud burst or anything. Even then, if you are not actually playing in the stream, you will be safe! 

And there's not much you can do here except a picnic or splash around the pool. It's more like a very small village on the Chail highway from Solan. 

Thanks, 

Cs

Hi @goelmyself and @IshantHP_ig 

Wow, it is a very helpful all information that you advise thank you so much.

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your experience here.