MRX1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Rewards

Hi @MRX1 Once you signed out the content will be erased. You can read more here.

Level 5

Thanks WestCoastCanuck, think I've sussed it now thanks to you and the two administrators.

Have a great weekend, Matt

PS used to live about a mile or so from Swartz Bay....small world! 

Connect Moderator

@MRX1 glad you're able to activate the trial! 

Just a bit more clarification, yes, as a Play Music All Access member you're allowed to download music to your device. You will lose this ability once you're no longer a member.

Also, depending on where you live, your subscription will include access to YouTube Red, which enables you to download YouTube videos for offline viewing for example. More details here 

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6307365?hl=en

Connect Moderator

Hi @iyudhi and @MRX1 the way the downloading "offline content" works on devices is that the content remains accessible and playable as long as you've signed into your Google Account online at least once every 30 days and your Play subscription stays active. The content doesn't actually go from your device won't you go inactive unless you remove it, the Android DRM simply refuses to play it. Rented movies are a bit different, they stay valid for 30 days from download but will automatically expire 48 hours from when you first start viewing the movie.

I use this feature a lot when I'm travelling. I download some content to my big screen tablet (music and movies) and use them when I'm on the road. The tablet plays through my caravan radio (blue tooth connection) and I can either watch the movie on the tablet or cast it to a TV (needs a chromecast). This is also useful in hotels. If I'm going to be in a hotel for more than a day or so and will have some spare time I will plug my chromecast into their TV and watch my own videos without paying the hotel movie rental fees.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Hi Paul, it's me 'again'...

Sorry, so just to clarify, the free trial includes access to all content on Google Music - eg if it says it would be £8.99 for an album, do I and others on the free trial just pay nothing for thee months and I can download any that give me the option. Is that correct? In other words, is it at all possible for me to get billed for any listening or downloading during my trial period?

Thanks again Paul, hope you're having a good weekend. 

Kind regards,

Matt

Connect Moderator

Hi @MRX1 you can listen to content offline. Get to music via https://play.google.com/music/listen, when you are on a device each album has a download button (downward pointing arrow) which will download the album and make it available offline. If you use this feature you won't get charged (at least I haven't!). If you download from https://play.google.com/store/music then it will charge you because you are effectively buying that album forever. If you've done this I think you can request a refund (I know you can from Apps, so I'm guessing you can do it for music). Tell them that you were trying the free trial and didn't realise that taking the albums from the store charged you for them. If you have been charged you should be able to see the charges on your card.

Regards Paul

Level 5

HELP! Whilst going through the links, I've managed to sign up for Google Friends and Family! Which, I definitely don't want...I cannot stress enough! I think I've sussed the music now but how do I get out of the Family thing? I'm sure that Google didn't intend innocent accidents ré their applications to be un done as it was a genuine mistake from a link. I thank you for all your help Paul but please help me cancel this Family thing. It's not been used and I only 'actioned' it at around 2pm today 14/8.

Sorry, once again, but I don't know how to contact Google direct to sort this out. 

Many thanks, Matt

Level 10

@MRX1 You can change the Google Friends and Family setting by following the instructions here.

PS You might want to mark one of the replies as a solution and start a new thread with any new problems you encounter so people will know you have a new problem.

@MRX1 wrote:

HELP! Whilst going through the links, I've managed to sign up for Google Friends and Family! Which, I definitely don't want...I cannot stress enough! I think I've sussed the music now but how do I get out of the Family thing? I'm sure that Google didn't intend innocent accidents ré their applications to be un done as it was a genuine mistake from a link. I thank you for all your help Paul but please help me cancel this Family thing. It's not been used and I only 'actioned' it at around 2pm today 14/8.

Sorry, once again, but I don't know how to contact Google direct to sort this out. 

Many thanks, Matt