jkmartindale's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Reporting Local Guides Profiles

I think counteracting abuse is the best way to maintain the credibility of the Local Guides program, but unfortunately there's no way to flag an entire profile for fraudulent behavior. Reporting individual posts seems to only place those posts in review and not the profile as a whole, and sometimes it's not feasible to report all the fraudulent activity on an account. There are also some cases where activity might not seem fraudulent when viewed one post at a time, and must be viewed as an entire profile to see the pattern.

I've seen a few posts on Connect that seem to suggest the process of reporting a profile is to make a post like this one without identifying details, and then waiting for a moderator to contact you. So consider this my post.

I have a small list of fraudulent users to report:

• Thousands of unhelpful 5-star reviews across the globe, all saying "Like"
  • What may be a bot posting stock imagery to various real estate properties
  • Posting arbitrary and sometimes lewd images to places
  • Just posting pictures of some dumb turtle sticker everywhere
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Reporting Local Guides Profiles

Hi @jkmartindale

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to inform you that you can check thiss post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps.

I'm also sending you a private message with your additional instructions.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!