Jason78's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Repercussions of a review.

Do you ever feel bad or regret your reviews when hurt feelings get involved when giving your view on something or someplace. Trying to be bias or neutral when you feel wronged is hard. I find myself going back and changing my reviews after a few hours or even a day later. I find I have a different outlook on situations once my feelings simmer down, that in return gives my review a totally different perspective. Am I wrong for changing the way I feel and react. After I change my review its almost fake.

Jason Kearns
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Repercussions of a review.

It is always a good idea to wait a little while before leaving a negative or neutral review. Good advice @Jason78.

Level 7

I am learning to navigate the system, as well as being diplomatic and keeping in mind people do read what we put. Feelings are, and can be very destructive depending on one's point of view and how we perceive the world around us. We then have the ability to share our view, which can and more then likely change the pattern and sway the outcome of a total stranger going about their day.(I find the social, economical and persuasive ability in the whole, very interesting.

Jason Kearns
Level 7

I've had a similar experience. I feel that five stars us for when someone or something had completely exceeded all expectations. Three is average, right? Not bad, not great... Average.

I've had some replies about three star ratings. I feel badly, but isn't the idea that you can tell the really superb from the average?  Yet at places like the Honda dealership, I found out that if a customer gives them anything less than five stars it negatively affected their performance review.

Level 7

Yes, that is the kind of repercussions. It could be as little as [oh well ] and no one cares from  owners, management, employees and the general public. The chance it goes sideways, the effects can have enormous repercussions. Strife and ill will, emotionally conflict between management and staff, owners lose capital and revenue, staff get revenge on unsuspecting customers due to resentment and selfestem issues or the bad review gets brought up in the worker's pay grade assessment. I think our hope (or my belief) would be the populists reflection on why and how to better what's is being brought up in the reviews. But again them nasty old feelings take hold and people lose site on the bigger picture. 

Jason Kearns
Level 10

Hello dear @Jason78

I too believe in HONEST reviews - our conscious is our best guide; to me there is nothing wrong in editing our reviews to be more useful to the world.. But, then by editing, if the Funda value is gone, then let us not edit.

All the best.. 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Thank you for your response. May I ask what the Funda value is. 

Jason Kearns