PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Virtual Photo Workshop 2

Getting ready to get underway for Virtual Photo Workshop 2Getting ready to get underway for Virtual Photo Workshop 2On Sunday about 50 intrepid Local Guides from literally all around the globe joined me on the next stage of our journey into the unknown to learn, laugh and enjoy each other's company. I think every continent except Antarctica was present this week. This week I modified the format slightly to account for some of the feedback from the first session. Most of the faces from that session reappeared and a bunch of new ones, some that I've met before and quite a number that I have not. It was next level from the first one. I ramped up the live demos and had a fellow Melbourne Local Guide @MaxPlusFood join me to present a session. Max saved the day entertaining people for a minute with his dancing and hold music when my internet dropped at one point. Watching the recording later this was pretty hilarious :).

You can read an attendee recap written by @Ewaade_3A - Ewaade really loved the session and her enthusiasm has certainly got people talking on her post. I encourage you to check it out.

Part way through after I showed people a selection of my cameras and covered the differences between the types, I launched a Google Form based poll to find out people's favourite camera type and what they used most. I was not surprised at the mix of the numbers but I was surprised at the strength of the numbers. At least among Maps users the SLR/DSLR is on the outer, with the various mirrorless cameras (phone, 360, point and shoot and mirrorless) well in the lead. Its not that surprising that most of us use our phones to contribute to Google Maps more than camera only devices and why not, they're always with us.

Local Guides Favourite Camera TypesLocal Guides Favourite Camera Types

The topics from this week were

Cameras, Google Photos, Exposure & Focus

• Phone
  • Point and Shoot
  • Interchangeable Lens
  • DSLR (the D stands for dinosaur - come find out why I say that)
  • Mirrorless
  • Discussion: What is your favourite camera type?
  • How I’m using Google Photos
    • Demo by Paul 
    • Demo by Max
  • Demo: Expose & focus for the subject
  • Discussion: Is shooting on automatic ok?
  • Task make an image of any subject at home where you’ve set the focus and exposure yourself

If you want to know more or see who turned up, well, I guess you just have to watch the video now don't you. I record the entire session and put it up on YouTube for all the people who couldn't come to enjoy (plus you can fast forward the boring bits). This week at the end there is a special treat because you get to see all the images the attendees contributed in the day after the meet-up for their first task. You can also see them in a Google Photos album.

You can see the slide deck if you would like to which includes some short tutorial videos built in.

You can watch the whole thing on YouTube if you would like to:

You can see the entire meet-up on YouTube. You might be there a while but I promise its fun!

Next Sunday at 8pm AEST join us for Workshop #3. Anyone can join. You don't need to have been in the others. Love to have you along.

The topics next week will involve lots of live demos and will include:

Formats, Ingestion, Editing

• JPEG vs RAW vs HEIF (Apple only currently)
  • Maintaining a basic library
  • Backups
  • Getting images off devices/cards and into a library
  • Lightroom
  • Snapseed
  • Squoosh
  • Composition - Basic Framing

RSVP for Workshop 3

Read about the whole series.

Paul

29 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Virtual Photo Workshop 2

@PaulPavlinovich Great recap . Hope to join you someday .

Shahriar

BD

Connect Moderator

See you next week 8pm AEST @ShahriarAzadEvan 

Level 8

Hello @PaulPavlinovich .

Again very interactive Session with all local guide and connect Moderator.Best thing is your photo challenge 😉.

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 6

Wow @PaulPavlinovich 

It  is  very great. 

I miss it 🙁🙁

Nepal local guide

Instagram

Twitter

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich had a great session.

Interesting valuable information and a lot of fun (Max signing 😂). 

I love this photos task... I  lot to learn. 

Thanks for putting my photos in the Meet Up video.

✤ Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam 

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich 

Love your presentation ,love the topic . Hopefully next meet-up I can joining with full time .

Thank you so much

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich 

Thanks for the recap it was amazing session, we all local guide are lucky to have you as mentor in photography your session is amazing feel like keep on listen to you,waiting for next session. 

Thank you so much. 

Max was too good & his song,wow we all enjoyed. 

@Ewaade_3A yes she wrote excellent recap got revision of your meet up. 

@Shrut19 

@Lily_Asongfac 

@KashifMisidia 

@UchechukwuEnem 

@Chirag_686 

@deepakjhic 

@KishorMali 

@Gilluu 

@@Screen shot of photography meet up.Screen shot of photography meet up.

Screen shot of photography meet up.Screen shot of photography meet up.

Level 9

Nice Recap. 

I Specially Like your profile photo , 

Black&White.

Looks unique!!  @PaulPavlinovich 

Thanks for tagging me. 

I hope you very Well Enjoyed this Session. @RosyKohli 

No Doubt!

Paul is amazing local guide. 

{Simplicity Is My Identity}
Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich , 

I really enjoyed your nice Meet-Up. Anyway, thank you for sharing the Meet-Up Recap.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website