cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Thousand Pillar Temple Geo Walk

In this arts & culture meetup, we've visited

1. Temple - Thousand Pillar temple
  2. Mosque - Dargah Hazrah Mashook Rabbani (R.A) 
  3. Church - Fatima Nagar Cathedral

Caption: A collage containing Thousand Pillar temple on top and the bottom left is a Mosque and a church on the rightCaption: A collage containing Thousand Pillar temple on top and the bottom left is a Mosque and a church on the right

1. Thousand Pillar temple as the name suggests consists of 1000 pillars which gives this temple a unique way of describing the architecture. This historic temple is quite famous across South India and is usually seen in a huge rush of devotees during festival periods like Dussehra, Diwali, Sankranti, and Holi.
  2. Dargah Hazrath Mashook Rabbani (R.A) is famous for the Urs festival celebrated once a year. People from the neighboring states participate in this yearly festival. And this divine place is well known for the cure of people who're affected by magic, evil's eye, or something bad
  3. Fathima Nagar cathedral is one of the first churches in that area and is usually crowded on Sundays, Christmas day till the new year. Here, you can find the creative architecture across the doors and large windows. I recommend visiting this place, whenever you visit Warangal. 

Caption (From clockwise): A collage containing a selfie of me with few Warangal local guides, me posing in front of 1000 pillar temple, A train model installed in front of Qazipet railway station and visitors fascinating the temple architectureCaption (From clockwise): A collage containing a selfie of me with few Warangal local guides, me posing in front of 1000 pillar temple, A train model installed in front of Qazipet railway station and visitors fascinating the temple architecture

The new steam engine model is installed in front of the Qazipet railway station is grabbing the huge attention of locals and is becoming a public hotspot for the people living in nearby places. 

Caption: A collage containing a pond (1000 pillar temple), a pond (Kala Bhairavi temple) and Hanamkonda mountainCaption: A collage containing a pond (1000 pillar temple), a pond (Kala Bhairavi temple) and Hanamkonda mountain

Kala Bhairavi temple, which is in between Hanamkonda mountain and the pond is a beautiful spot to capture pictures and relax during the wee hours of day. 

Do you know, the parking of Thousand Pillar temple was not present on maps? so I added it upfront.

The parking in front of the temple is very limited and it's paid to park. The free parking is on the temple's backside. Many people don't know that and also it wasn't available in Maps before. I hope it solves the problem now and is helpful during the festivals when there's a huge rush.

Many small businesses around the 1000 pillar temple were not on maps, so we added them and included the open timings and photos. 

Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wnX1V5eoLfsY6Txb9 

Video: 

Hanamkonda, Telangana, India
2 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Thousand Pillar Temple Geo Walk

All the best @FazeelUsmani 

Level 6

Re: [Recap] Thousand Pillar Temple Geo Walk

Excellent work mam and Thousand Pillar Temple Geo Walk wonderful topic u have selected its always good