SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] SoBe Ships N Pups Photo Social

Norwegian Pearl sailing by during sunset at South Pointe ParkNorwegian Pearl sailing by during sunset at South Pointe Park

On Sunday, March 1, Local Guides from South Florida met up at South Pointe Park (as featured in the 2019 Local Guides Coloring Book) for the Sobe Ships n' Pups Photo Social. The meet-up provided an excellent opportunity for the Guides as it was a first visit for them to the park, and it was the first time they got to see the massive cruise ships up-close and personal as well. 

Pups and Guides, UnitedPups and Guides, United

Local Guides @InnocensiaO (from Kenya) and @Anonymous (from Kuwait) were in attendance as we met up for some perfect weather, snacks, and discussion about the Local Guides program - ranging from the Connect Live 2020 application to the places we've discovered recently in South Florida. 

Local Guides with Ship Sailing in BackgroundLocal Guides with Ship Sailing in Background

Also in attendance were my fiance who is a new-ish Local Guide, and Farris, a friend of Mubarak who actually signed up to be a Local Guide while we met up!

Pups and Guides, UnitedPups and Guides, United

And the special guest pup was Vanilla Bean, my yorkie, who was very excited to play with other dogs in the park as well as other Local Guides. 

Photo provided by MubarakPhoto provided by Mubarak

This was the first recent successful meet-up for us Guides in South Florida and we look to continue this momentum going forward! 

The meet-up was a great opportunity for us to exchange swag (like custom Miami Local Guide pins!) and to learn not only about each other, but from each other as well. 

Thanks for reading our recap! #LGMiami

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
South Pointe Park, Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, USA
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] SoBe Ships N Pups Photo Social

Not fair @SP31 😉

Who in this community wouldnt like to join such a great Meetup in Florida..

Kenya and Kuwait ?!?! Wow, this is really international.

Of course the most beautiful attendy was the small not shaved one 😜

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

@TorM definitely the great thing about living here - very international city and so many great places to meet 😁. When you are in Miami, I will be sure to take you around!

And haha the little furry one has more views than all of us! 😁 She thanks you! 😄

Level 9

Nice recapitulation You have here @SP31 .

Thanks once again for sharing your beautiful story here with us on connect.

Happy guiding...

Connect Moderator

Many thanks @Austinelewex !

Connect Moderator

Hey @SP31,

very nice recap, thank you for sharing. I'm watching your beautiful photos and already thinking at the summer 😁. Nice vibes, nice place and nice people, well done!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Haha, thank you @LuigiZ ! Never too early for summer 😎.

Level 8

@SP31 .nice recap meet up .so excited.I like to join u in maami.thanks keep it up.

durojaiyeolatunde10gmail.com
Googler

This looks like a meet-up of my dreams! Florida, gorgeous weather, puppies and good people! Congratulations on a great meet-up, @SP31 and kudos for such an international crowd!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10
Level 10

@SP31  @TraciC  Nice meetup I think Indian LocalGuides should also be in This Meet-up 😂😂😀

Baljinder_singh From Punjab, India