NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Pashupatinath Meetup, Nepal

Hello Local Guides !

First of all, I would like to thanks all Local Guides from Nepal who made Pashupatinath Meetup successful. Pashupatinath Meetup was hosted on November 4, 2017 on Pashupatinath, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Pashupatinath Temple is one of the 8 UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites of the Kathmandu Valley.  It is also a cremation site where the last rites of Hindus are performed. The site and events at cremation is not for the faint hearted; still visitors are seen watching curiously from across the river from the hill. Visit Pashupatinath Temple for an out-of-this-world experience.

IMG_20171104_115710.jpg

We started gathering in front of Pashupatinath Temple entrance gate at around 11:30 AM. While we were waiting for others to arrive, we were sharing our points, photo views and so on. We were excited to meetup @Sarojdhakal and @SovitaD who had attended the Local Guides Summit 2017 in San Francisco. Our meetup was focused on hearing experiences of Summit attendees, Nepal Local Guides T-shirt distribution, planning for moving ahead with better events, so on.

We then made a walk from Pashupatinath Temple Entrance gate followed by Aaryaghat to Mrigasthali height after meeting Saroj Dhakal, Nabin Sapkota and Hari Paudel who were carrying Nepal Local Guides Tshirt.

Our Meetup was divided into following parts:

Tshirt Distribution

Community Tshirt, Nepal Local GuidesCommunity Tshirt, Nepal Local Guides

We had printed T- Shirts of Nepal Local Guides community raising funds by all of us. The T-Shirt was designed by Rupendra Neupane  ( @RupendraNeupane) but we missed him in the meetup. We started distributing T-Shirt starting Ganesh Raj Khanal, local guides from Lumbini followed by @BishowvijayaP.Saroj Dhakal giving Tshirt to BishowVijay (Nabin Sapkota sitting down)Saroj Dhakal giving Tshirt to BishowVijay (Nabin Sapkota sitting down)

Swags Distribution

Saroj Dhakal and Sovita Dahal had brought lots of swags (stickers, badges, chocolates ) of Local Guides, Google Maps, Google, etc. from USA and they distributed them to all of us. Stickers and PatchesStickers and Patches

Sharing Experiences of Local Guides Summit

Laxmi Gautam and Anupama Gautam joined us.

Saroj Dhakal and Sovita Dahal were two Local Guides from Nepal who attended Local Guides Summit 2017 in San Francisco from October 10-13. We listened to their experiences of Travel, Meeting with Local Guides Moderators, Local Guides from different countries, etc. As we had heard, they said the same that Local Guides Summit was the Best Summit ever. We were so happy to listen to them and they made us feel that we had attended the summit.20171104_131604.jpg

We were sitting on a Local cafe drinking Local black tea. We made some plans for upcoming meetup where all of the Local Guides shared their ideas (hosting monthly meetups, hosting meetups on Schools and Colleges, etc. ) on how to make more impact and how to make our community more better. We decided to Join Digital Week Birgunj (Happening from November 22-26, 2017) with some series of Local Guides events including Workshops and Map Birgunj Walkathons. Sovita Dahal had bought a LG 360 CAM from USA so I took some 360 photos and videos using it.

At the end

We took photos, 360 photos, etc. then ended the meetup with a Good Bye.

List of Attendees

1. Niraj Bhusal ( @NirajBhusal)
  2. Bishowvijaya ( @BishowvijayaP)
  3. Surendra Shrestha ( @Surendra)
  4. Saroj Dhakal ( @Sarojdhakal)
  5. Nabin Sapkota 
  6. Hari Paudel
  7. Ganesh Raj Khanal
  8. Sovita Dahal ( @SovitaD)
  9. Lakshman Basnet
  10. Pushpendra Khadka ( @PushpendraKhadka)
  11. Laxmi Gautam ( @LaxmiG1)
  12. Anupama Gautam

More Photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nm2ripKJQLMs9Yx83

Thanks,

Niraj Bhusal

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
28 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Pashupatinath Meetup, Nepal

Wow nice to hear that @NirajBhusal

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

thank you @Sarojdhakal and @SovitaD for sharing your experience of local guides summit 2017 SF with us and also thanks to @NirajBhusal for organizing this meetup 

Level 6

I miss it 😞

Connect Moderator

Nice recap @NirajBhusal and congratulations for your successful event. I like tshirt distribute by you.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Feeling nice to be a part of the event. 🙂

Thanks for organizing the event @NirajBhusal ji.

Level 8

Level 8

We missed you too @NareshDarji. Hope to see you on upcoming meetup.

Level 8

You are welcome @Surendra, lets hope to host more amazing events in future. 

Level 1

Good job

Niraj ji