ShahMdSultan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] Let's Explore Mymensingh City and Map Accessibility

Hello, fellow Local Guides, Last week on 18 January 2019, Jamalpur Local Guides hosted a meet-up called Let's Explore Mymensingh City. It was a tremendous day for me and now I'm going to share the Meet-Up recap. Group Photo with Fellow Local GuidesGroup Photo with Fellow Local Guides

First of all, I would like to thank @ShafiulB and @Mohammadalauddin brother for joining this Meet-Up. Though we are all in Dhaka city, so we started our journey in the morning by train. We reached Mymensingh Railway Station at 11 am. Then we took some pictures of the railway station. After taking our tea break, we left the place and entered the city. Exploring Mymensingh CityExploring Mymensingh City

At first, we visited Shashi Lodge. Shashi Lodge looks very beautiful and it's the main interesting place of this city. We stayed here about 1-2 hours and we took many pictures. Here we got some university students, who were coming for visit the place. We tried to talk to them and asked them to join Local Guides program. They were very interested in this program. Also, we took some pictures with them. Shashi LodgeShashi Lodge

Photos with Fellow and New Local GuidesPhotos with Fellow and New Local Guides

Though it was Friday, we have completed our Jumma prayers from a nearby mosque. After that, we went to a restaurant for taking lunch.I'm exploring the cityI'm exploring the city

We've visited some places like:-

Though it was a photo-walk meet-up we have tried to update Maps accessibility information and accessibility questions on Google Maps. Besides, we took an initiative to place a sticker in all the places where the wheelchairs can be accessed. We did this work for public awareness and social responsibility and further initiatives like this would be taken. Below is a list of the places where the wheelchair was accessible and we have placed the stickers:

Putting stickers where the wheelchair is accessiblePutting stickers where the wheelchair is accessible

Putting stickers where the wheelchair is accessible - 03Putting stickers where the wheelchair is accessible - 03

In the evening we ate snacks and tea. Finally, we left the city of Mymensingh and at night we reached Dhaka.

Hopefully, fellow Local Guides will like my Meet-Up and the initiative.

Here is the photo album of Let's Explore Mymensingh City and list of the places.

Best regards,
Shah Md. Sultan
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Mymensingh District, Bangladesh
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Let's Explore Mymensingh City and Map Accessibility

@ShahMdSultan 

Hi

Thanks for posting this wonderful recap write-up on #Mymensingh city and Map accessibility.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Connect Moderator

It was my first time Visit in Mymensingh   city.

We explored many places during the meet up.

Thanks @ShahMdSultan  for invited me in this meet u. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ShahMdSultan,

Thank you so much for organizing this amazing meet-up! We appreciate your enthusiasm and your great initiative which will help a lot of people!

Keep exploring and having fun! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @aaryesdee, thanks for your reply.

Level 9

Hello @ShafiulB, Thank you for accepting my invitation. The Meet-Up was successful for your support and help. Hopefully, you will stay with us all the time like previous.

Level 9

Hello @RadieN, Thanks for your nice compliment and reply also.

Level 10

I am happy with your meet up activities @ShahMdSultan @ShafiulB 

I also hope nex time more people will participate in activities in your area.

Greetings From Jakarta, Indonesia.

Indonesian connoisseurs from Indonesia
Former Google Contributor

That's heart melting, @ShahMdSultan. Thank you for sharing. You've done a great job with this meet-up. Do you have any future plans for your next accessibility meet-up?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hello @ShahMdSultan i was interested to join but because of my official meeting I messed this meet-up.