questkv's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap]Hyrax hills Museum Geo Walk

On the Saturday 12th January 2018 I held a meet up termed Hyrax Hill Museum Geo Walk in my hometown Nakuru. The meet up was attended by a total of 11 local guides as we sort to explore the airy outdoor of the Hyrax Hill Museum and it's environment with friends and the same time update the maps with the photos of this hidden location.

A little history about Hyrax Hill Museum is that it was proclaimed a national monument in 1945 and opened to the public in 1965.Here is where the remains of the early man was excavated and stored to be showcased to the public.

After meeting up at the section 58 centre we began the journey to the Hyrax Hill Museum at 1142hrs(approximately 1.2km)where the remaining local guides joined us.

After clearing with the attendant at the ticket office we were off to explore Nakuru’s Hidden gems.

First was the visit to the gallery then a visit to the tortoise pit then the hike to the Hill fort(the peak of the hill) 

Link to the photos:https://photos.app.goo.gl/KdyECTpuiwxNoD5t6
LRM_EXPORT_731969435480694_20190114_103554977.jpegphoto_2019-01-15_13-59-45.jpgLRM_EXPORT_54900426628861_20190115_130637192.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_54891298090553_20190115_130628064.jpegLRM_EXPORT_54852661596473_20190115_130549427.jpegLRM_EXPORT_54879526880167_20190115_130616292.jpegLRM_EXPORT_732367062155794_20190114_104232604.jpegphoto_2019-01-15_15-21-37.jpgLRM_EXPORT_734177804969441_20190114_112713582.jpeg

After taking amazing and breath taking photos at the top of the hill we took turns to discuss :

1.Role of a local guide

2.Maps editing

3.Posting effective reviews

4.Reporting spam photos and reviews

It's was hard to fight the urge to end the meet up even thought it had to be done. At 1508hrs we ended our meet up.

Here's is the link to the recap video:

16 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [Recap]Hyrax hills Museum Geo Walk

Hello @questkv,

Thank you for sharing your experience during the Geo Walk meet-up. As you mentioned the photos are amazing and breathtaking. I am happy that you had a great time! 

Keep contributing 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @questkv,

I have just released your post from the Spam filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be triggered easily. For more information, you can look at this post - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Thank you very much for sharing your recap photos and video! I'm glad your meet-up was successful. It's great that you have discussed topics related to the community of Local Guides. The weather there also seems to be perfect for outdoor activities.

Keep exploring and having fun! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@Ivi_Ge Thanks, I always look forward to such local community activities especially the geo walks.

Level 8

@RadieN Thanks, We appreciate the work you and your team do behind the scenes to protect this community!

Thanks a lot for the appreciation @questkv! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Wow, this is awesome @questkv!

Your recap reminded me of my trips to Kenya as a child. Thanks so much for sharing this with us and for contributing! 

Glad to see you had fun and looking forward to the next one! 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@AlexaAC Am really glad to hear this. Things must have been really different back then. It always nice to revisit the places you went to when you were a kid. You if please relive your childhood memories.

Hey @questkv,

Well, we've visited Nairobi and parts of the Serengeti. Different today I guess, but still so much natural beauty. 🙂 Bliss! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thanks for hosting the walk @questkv. It was my first visit to Hyrax Hill and museum. I am new to this town so it's great seeing new places and also meeting new local guides. Look forward to the next one. 

Meidimi