Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] - Accessible Mumbai - Public Parks- Kamla Nehru Park - Ep-05

Caption: The Big Shoe at Kamla Nehru Park.Caption: The Big Shoe at Kamla Nehru Park.

This is the 5th Accessibility meet up recap of my Accessibility meet up series. Post lockdown Mumbai has opened up fully under the Mission Begin Again. During Lockdown we have undergone through lots of stress. And to relive that stress many people are visiting the public parks which provide stress busters and get to socialize with each other by following protocols issued by Govt. Of Maharashtra.

Kamla Nehru Park is the very famous park specially for children. It had the iconic structure of a Big Shoe which is known as Old Women Shoe. Children enjoys here a lot. Even I did enjoyed in my childhood during my school picnic. Currently due to pandemic entry in the Shoe is closed. 

The main objective of this meet up was to check the accessibility of the location and also photo walk.

Here is the invitation link of my meet up.

Followings activity were performed:

1. Mark as Open.

2. Check the Accessibility of the Entrance to the Park.

3. Check the Accessibility of Jogging Tracks.

4. Check the Accessibility of the Children Playing Equipment.

5. Check the Accessibility of the Open Gym Equipment.

6. Check the Accessibility of the Sitting Area for Senior Citizens.

7. Check the Accessibility of the Parking Area.

8. Check the Accessibility of the Toilets/Washrooms.

9. Check the Availability of Tactile Paths for the Visually-Impaired.

10. Click the photos and upload on maps.

Following are the photos of the Park based on the above checks and marked with an accessibility icon and also an indication of the criteria passed or failed. All the photos are clicked by me ( @Rohan10 ).

Caption: Accessible entry of the Kamla Nehru Park.Caption: Accessible entry of the Kamla Nehru Park.

CollageMaker_20211202_170436835-01.jpeg

Caption: Guidelines by Administration.Caption: Guidelines by Administration.CollageMaker_20211202_170551624-01.jpegCaption: Play area with playing equipments specially for Handicapped children.Caption: Play area with playing equipments specially for Handicapped children.Caption: Play area specially for Handicapped ChildrenCaption: Play area specially for Handicapped ChildrenCollageMaker_20211202_170713253-01.jpegCollageMaker_20211202_170744446-01.jpegCollageMaker_20211202_170833765-01.jpegCaption: Only sea view point is not accessible.Caption: Only sea view point is not accessible.CollageMaker_20211202_170934896-01.jpegCollageMaker_20211202_171005615-01.jpeg

This meet up is the part of Accessibility Movement for all initiated by our LG friend who is Connect Moderator, Accessibility Champion and Accessibility Guiding Star @Tushar_Suradkar. I want to thank him from bottom of my heart for his anytime support and guidance.

Conclusion of the meet up: Kamla Nehru Park is accessible. Park is constructed in view of basic requirements for senior citizens. Children playing equipments are available. They have constructed special play area with playing equipments for Handicapped children. Tactile tiles path is not available. 

Thank you…

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] - Accessible Mumbai - Public Parks- Kamla Nehru Park - Ep-05

Well done 👍 @Rohan10 

Your pictures are clearly shows the accessibility information in this park. 

Many memories of my childhood are attached to this park, especially the Boot ghar (Shoe house) was my favourite. 

Thanks for refreshing my memories. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thank you very much @NareshDarji for your appreciation.  Yes many of us may have childhood memories attached with this park. It's awesome park even today. Thank you for your feedback 😊

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

This is an amazing park that has so many areas to wander with so many features to enjoy.

It is well-maintained as well which is highly appreciated.

I have known the shoe as राणीचा बूट for many years now but never got a chance to visit.

This shoe appeared in the famous Business game नवा व्यापार and the cost of this place was perhaps Rupees 800 😊

Excellent photos and collages @Rohan10 

You have captured all accessible places perfectly 👍

Level 8

नवा व्यापार (New Business) is my favourite game. It was very famous. While visiting this park that memories was recalled. Come one day to visit this we will enjoy. Thank you so much for your appreciation and for your valuable guidance dear @Tushar_Suradkar .

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Rohan10 छान कव्हर केलेे आहेस 

पोस्ट मध्ये फोटो सकट माहिती व्यवस्थित दिली आहेस..

@Tushar_Suradkar 

दादा हो आपल्या बहुतेकांच्या लहान पणीच्या आठवणीत म्हातारीचा बुट हा महत्त्वाचा घटक आहे, तसेच नवा व्यापार हि खेळाचा अनुभव मीहि थोड्याशाच काळासाठी घेतला होता, त्याची हि आठवण झाली..

Level 8

@Shrut19 ताई खूप खूप धन्यवाद...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel