Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] - Accessible Mumbai - Priyadarshini Park - Ep-03

1636564257222.jpeg1636564257222.jpeg

It is the recap of my 3rd Accessible meet up held on 4th Nov 2021 at 16:00 Hrs.

Post lockdown Mumbai has opened up fully under the Mission Begin Again. During Lockdown we have undergone through lots of stress. And to relive that stress many people are visiting the public parks which provide stress busters and get to socialize with each other by following protocols issued by Govt. Of Maharashtra.

Priyadarshini Park is famous park in Mumbai which is situated near to sea shore. It has special sports complex for athletics. Also they have children park. Many people come here for Morning Walks and Sports.

Here is the invitation link of the meet up

1636564257217.jpeg1636564257217.jpeg

The area of the park is much bigger. It took 1 hr to roam around in the park.

Caption: On entrance I got these notifications by Google maps.Caption: On entrance I got these notifications by Google maps.

Following activities were performed.

1. Marked as Open.

2. Checked the Accessibility of the Entrance to the Park.

3. Checked the Accessibility of Jogging Tracks.

4. Checked the Accessibility of the Children Playing Equipment.

5. Checked the Accessibility of the Open Gym Equipment.

6. Checked the Accessibility of the Sitting Area for Senior Citizens.

7. Checked the Accessibility of the Parking Area.

8. Checked the Accessibility of the Toilets/Washrooms.

9. Checked the Availability of Tactile Paths for the Visually-Impaired.

Following are the photos of the park based on the above checks and marked with an accessibility icon and also an indication of the criteria passed or failed. All the photos are clicked by me ( @Rohan10 )

Caption: Entrance area and seating area for seniors citizens.Caption: Entrance area and seating area for seniors citizens.

1636564257260.jpeg

Caption: Alternate entrance is also accessible.Caption: Alternate entrance is also accessible.

Caption: Open gym equipment are available.Caption: Open gym equipment are available.

1636564257198.jpeg

Caption: Children playing area.Caption: Children playing area.

1636564257233.jpeg

Caption: Toilet is not accessible.Caption: Toilet is not accessible.

1636564257204.jpeg1636564257204.jpeg

1636568340710.jpeg1636568340710.jpeg

This meet up is the part of Accessibility Movement for all initiated by our LG friend who is Connect Moderator, Accessibility Champion and Accessibility Guiding Star @Tushar_Suradkar. I want to thank him from bottom of my heart for his anytime support and guidance.

Conclusion of the meet up: Priyadarshini Park is accessible but toilet is not accessible. Park is designed in view of basic requirements for senior citizens. Children park is also nice where children can enjoy lots with physical activities. Open gym equipment are also in good condition.

Thank you…

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] - Accessible Mumbai - Priyadarshini Park - Ep-03

This is yet another nicely written recap of a accessibility meetup. 

The park appears to be huge but Accessibility features are present at most of the prominent places. 

As usual, toilets are out of reach of the differently abled. I feel this should change. 

Very nice collages @Rohan10 

Congratulations on a successful meet up about Accessibility 👍

Level 8

Thank you so much dear @Tushar_Suradkar for your feedback. Yes I also feel that toilets must be accessible. I have enquired about suggestion book there but it was not available and security personnel were up unaware about where to give suggestions. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Level 8

Thank you so much @Sophia_Cambodia for your feedback. Yes accessibility information must contains all the corners of the POI which helps people to understand the whole place. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Very nice and details recap @Rohan10 .

I can feel your passionate to places near us more accessible. That's is very great job and I'm sure local guides like you inspiring not only fellow local guides but others  community to follow and created places near us accessible for everyone.

Thanks so much and please stay safe!

Level 8

Thank you so much @Nyainurjanah for your appreciation. I am glad you liked my recap post. Yes our friend @Tushar_Suradkar inspired me about accessibility by his great posts. 😊 Very soon I will post remaining recaps. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work...👏 Congratulations... @Rohan10 

Level 8

Thank you so much @Anonymous for your kind words. 😊

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Both all of you are role model as local guides.So proud of you @Rohan10 @Tushar_Suradkar 

🤩🤩