EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap: Abuja 360 Photography

As part of the larger Worlwide 360 Walk, initiated by @ValeriaA_, we held a meetup in Abuja on Saturday 17th November 2018. Although, we had a 360 Photography orientation for students and teachers from a school based in Abuja before the main meetup

Caption Two Local Guides Stephen and Emeka showing one of the Students how a 360 Cam functionsCaption Two Local Guides Stephen and Emeka showing one of the Students how a 360 Cam functions

Our walk commenced from Barcelona Hotel where we took 360 photos of the bar, lawn tennis, restaurant, entrance and halls.

Then we proceeded to the Jabi Lake Mall which is a modern shopping complex overlooking an elegant lake and hill. At various points 360, photos were taken to enable users view the interior of the new mall.

Caption: A photo showing the Jabi Mall Balcony overlooking the Lake and a hill across the lakeCaption: A photo showing the Jabi Mall Balcony overlooking the Lake and a hill across the lake

There was a little misunderstanding with the security, who didn't like the 360 Cam, they called  a Police stationed at the mall. We later explained the Rico Theta V and its benefits. Thereafter, continued our tour by visiting the Cinema, Lake Side and car parks.

Caption: Reception of the SV Chrome  where we obtained our pass into SHIL WorkspaceCaption: Reception of the SV Chrome where we obtained our pass into SHIL Workspace

SV Chrome was the next point of call. The new workspace,SHIL, offered us free access to the facility. We got the pass, used the internet, charged our phones and uploaded some photos on the map. I added the new workspace on the map as well. 

The Manager, Mr Raymond, was an intelligent and enlightened man. He wanted to know more about 360 cameras and street view images. He spent over 20mins discussing the technology and was glad we came. We pledged to produce 360 images of their facility when all interior decorations are completed. The pass is an all-year round access to SHIL working space!  

We took some useful 360 Photos which would be added to Google  Maps to help users navigate or make informed decisions.

The Ricoh Theta V came in handy and the job was fast and easier too.

Here's a good news, after our walk two of the participants got a business request from different organizations on how to add 360 images to boost their business.

I was excited that @Stevetanko14 uploaded his first 360 Photo too

Caption: Abuja Local Guides Stephen Tanko uploading his first 360 Photo at the SHIL Coworking SpaceCaption: Abuja Local Guides Stephen Tanko uploading his first 360 Photo at the SHIL Coworking Space

Here's a tip: avoid using a tripod for 360 Photography if you haven't got clear permission from the facility managers.

Adding accessibility and 360 data to Abuja maps was one of the fulfilling moments during my visit to attend the Connect Live Abuja event. Truly special experience. Feel free to peruse our photo album

Let's keep guiding.

@AriMar @cbos-NYC @HelloSamsonR @U-royFelixA @Anonymous

@AlexaAC @TiffanyBnyc @Anonymous

Cheers

Jabi Lake, Abuja, Nigeria
10 comments
Level 5

Re: Recap: Abuja 360 Photography

Here's a tip: avoid using a tripod for 360 Photography if you haven't got clear permission from the facility managers.

Are you suggesting that the use of a tripod inside facility may be a trip hazard and advance permission should be announced beforehand?  

Connect Moderator

With the tripod, standing above the knee, security guards seem to feel uneasy and thus may request it's removal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice one @EmekaUlor. I hope to be at the next one

Level 8

Clear information, thanks @EmekaUlor

Google Vendor

Thank you for sharing the meet up recap with us @EmekaUlor. I am glad that you solved the misunderstandings and in this case, you now know how to proceed. Keep up sharing and contributing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hey @EmekaUlor

Thank you for the tag. I'm impressed by your recap, as usual.🙂 Great photos! My favorite part is the business requests the guys got, so job well done! 

Happy guiding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for sharing this, @EmekaUlor!

So good to know that it all worked out in the end 🙂

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous thank you Boss. I appreciate your usual support.

@Anonymous thanks. 

@AlexaAC oh yeah. That's a boost

@InaS thank you for your kind words. We learn how to overcome as we proceed.�

@OkekeNkiruka I appreciate 

@

Level 10

Hello @EmekaUlor
I explained to the police the situation and kept taking pictures, so I learned🤔

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper