anujgpatil's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Real Story How Google Maps Helps

Here's yet another story how Google Maps and the Local Guides make travelling immensely easy!! 

Hey there,

I came to Pune last month for an internship of two months. I was suggested a place to stay as a Paying Guest through a friend who stayed nearby.

I knew two months was a great opportunity to explore Pune. I also wondered if my place of stay ,  an awesome PG(flat), was anywhere on the internet. I had looked up nearby PGs and it was very costly on the internet as compared as this place.

So I added this place on the Google Maps which got immediately approved! I also added 'May 2018' to the name of the place so that it is relevant to those who look it up. Then I moved on to exploring rest of the beautiful city of Pune. 

June 17:

A vacant bed beside mine had some baggage on it. A new guy had just occupied that bed. We got introduced and during the conversation he mentioned how tough it was to find a PG in this area. I asked him how he found this place. He said - Google Maps!! 

"Was there a May 2018 tag on the name? " - - - "YES :)" 

It felt great that a small contribution like that had helped a guy from different city to find a wonderful place to stay... 

That's why we keep contributing , we may never know how helpful it could be for a stranger! 

Cheers! 

The Wandering Spirit 

Pune, Maharashtra, India
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Real Story How Google Maps Helps

@anujgpatil  superb keep it up... and spread  more words about this.

@anujgpatil wrote:

Here's yet another story how Google Maps and the Local Guides make travelling immensely easy!! 

Hey there,

I came to Pune last month for an internship of two months. I was suggested a place to stay as a Paying Guest through a friend who stayed nearby.

I knew two months was a great opportunity to explore Pune. I also wondered if my place of stay ,  an awesome PG(flat), was anywhere on the internet. I had looked up nearby PGs and it was very costly on the internet as compared as this place.

So I added this place on the Google Maps which got immediately approved! I also added 'May 2018' to the name of the place so that it is relevant to those who look it up. Then I moved on to exploring rest of the beautiful city of Pune. 

June 17:

A vacant bed beside mine had some baggage on it. A new guy had just occupied that bed. We got introduced and during the conversation he mentioned how tough it was to find a PG in this area. I asked him how he found this place. He said - Google Maps!! 

It felt great that a small contribution like that had helped a guy from different city to find a wonderful place to stay... 

That's why we keep contributing , we may never know how helpful it could be for a stranger! 

Cheers! 

The Wandering Spirit 

Local Business Editor

View solution in original post

Level 10

this is really nice real story @anujgpatil and keep it up 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9
Solution

@anujgpatil  superb keep it up... and spread  more words about this.

@anujgpatil wrote:

Hey there,

June 17:

Cheers! 

The Wandering Spirit 

Local Business Editor