KhamphoutS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[ RECAP ] The 36 Walk, Vientiane Lao PDR

A banner of The 36 Walk, Vientiane Lao PDRA banner of The 36 Walk, Vientiane Lao PDR

Vientiane Local Guides Beat The Heat!

39 degree walk? Some of you may be experienced the hot sun at around 16:00 pm in CLMV’s counties (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar & Vietnam including Thailand) in March until raining season starting in late June… But our local guides spirit was gone through the hot sun with our smile.LGs on the walkLGs on the walk

This was my 4th to host local guides meet-up and thanks to @PaulPavlinovich  for originating 36Walks around the world and this walk was a part of a worldwide photo walk among LGs are doing same activity on same day 23rd March 2019. 

We’re gathering in front of Thatluang stupa waiting for our members coming, during we waiting for other we’ve short discussion and exchange ideas between new comer and exiting members about the meet-up and mostly those are not familiar and rarely to go to connect forum! Most of them visit the page once they need someone to help and searching for the information, so I’ve encourage them to frequent log-in to connect to share/learn how local guides connect with Googlers in platform.Lao PDR Buddhist CenterLao PDR Buddhist Center

Lao flag, Theta V & Local Guides flagLao flag, Theta V & Local Guides flag

We’re finally 13 members shown up with 7 newbie for meet-up, before starting I’ve ask them to introduce themselves to each other with brief information among themselves then followed with the concept of 36 Walk by @PaulPavlinovich  and the rout of our journey this walk is about 1.8km.

Some of them have brought their DSLRs camera together with them so I just use my Theta V 360 for this walk. We’ve start our walk in front of Thatlouang stupa and I’ve divided them into 2 group to walk through north and south temples (Thatlouang stupa is in the middle)Our LGs fellowOur LGs fellow

39 Degree sun walk39 Degree sun walk

After done at Thatlouang stupa then we walked toward to 23th Singha Road passing Buddhist temples, park, food night market, café, restaurants, commercial buildings, government buildings and shops which I’ve divided them to walk both side of the road so we could make difference places and perspectives.

We’ve capturing pictures and having lots of discussions about responsibilities of local guides in our area and it was beautiful feeling when we were all together showing each other how-to we share the same passions and most of them are upgraded their levels from this walk.Street artStreet art

Local food: deep fired crispy scrappersLocal food: deep fired crispy scrappers

Local food: BBQ sticky riceLocal food: BBQ sticky rice

Local food: stuff eggsLocal food: stuff eggs

LGs taking photo of an icecreamLGs taking photo of an icecream

Local food: crispy crabLocal food: crispy crab

360 photo by Theta V360 photo by Theta V

Ministry of Foreign AffairMinistry of Foreign Affair

Dokkhoun Lao flowerDokkhoun Lao flower

Indochina BankIndochina Bank

Nongsapangmeuk ParkNongsapangmeuk Park

We finally ended up with soaking our sweat at the Patuxay monument, everyone happy with smiling faces and sharing their moment during our walk. Most of them saying that the purpose was not only to walk but to be joyous and make memories together among LGs.

I thank and express my sincere to all of them who joined me in this meet-up and this meet-up were successfully if the LGs fellow are not showing up! We all looking forward for greater meet-up and building a strong community of local guides in Vientiane also in Lao PDR.360 photo of LGs360 photo of LGs

Last shot of our walkLast shot of our walk

LG on the walkLG on the walk

World Peace GongWorld Peace Gong

Bus Stop signBus Stop sign

Dada cafeDada cafe

Artwork made from ceramic bowls by Chinese artist displaying in front of Patuxay monumentArtwork made from ceramic bowls by Chinese artist displaying in front of Patuxay monument

360 photo of LGs360 photo of LGs

XRHPE8178.JPG

There is some pictures which can show the beauty during our walk: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8RkVCAYSxYYdbUP8A

Here is video on our meet-up: https://youtu.be/F344nIdkh4Q 

THATLUANG Temple, Vientiane, Laos
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [ RECAP ] The 36 Walk, Vientiane Lao PDR

I suspect you have a #36walk record @KhamphoutS by attending two in two different countries. Well done. It seems many of the walks had unseasonably hot weather and its cool that people went on their walks anyway and enjoyed themselves. Thanks for running a walk :).

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich  yes it's really great to be at Melbourne in the right time and walk with you and @MariaNgo  also other members.

LG community in my city is growing and each of our meet-up i can see that can attracting more young generation who likely interesting in tech joining, this is the good sign that Maps will be up-to-date.   

Level 10

@KhamphoutS Looks like a fantastic meetup! I hope I would be so lucky as to one day join you on one of your meetups in  Laos and meet your fantastic and growing team of local guides! 

Level 10

@KhamphoutS

I just feel fantastic and enjoyable movement after explore your RECAP of 36 Walk Meet-up...

What a great performance @KhamphoutS

Thanks for sharing tips and experience about it...😊😍🤩👌👍🤝

Junaid
Level 10

@QaziJunaid  thank you for comment and joy reading my recap! 

LGs spirit is about sharing and caring 🙂

Level 10

@MariaNgo  Hopefully we've more chance to catch up again soon madam 🙂

Level 9

AWESOME recap @KhamphoutS 😁. I really enjoy seeing the architecture and monuments of your country.... Seeing makes me want to visit 😉 and that is why we are Local Guides!  Your food photos are making me hungry to try the local delicacies!!!!  🤤

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG  Thank you for your kind words 🙂 

Definitely, we're welcoming you to visit us and bring you around to show how local here in Vientiane alike and tasting our local foodies.

BTW, I'm waiting for your recap on the Japan trip 🙂  

Level 10

What a beautiful trip @KhamphoutS  🙂
I also participated in this beautiful event, I leave my recap in case you are interested in looking at it: Walking the Costanera Of Ushuaia 🙂