KamalHossenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] River Cleaning Meet-up

Screenshot_20210108-105518_Samsung Notes.jpg

Caption : Banner of River Cleaning Meet-up. 

Hello Local Guides!

I hope everybody is well. 

This is recap of my last Meet-up which was about on "River Cleaning Meet-up" places was happened on 01.01.2021. 

I am proud to have done a River Cleaning Meet-up in Barishal as a Local Guides. Although I have not been able to do it in a big way, I am very happy to be able to do it in a small way.

Kamal_Hossen_Rana_0-1610082698424.jpeg

Caption: A collage of a few photos with the Local Guides logo.

For the first time, 6 Local Guides  of Barishal joined in my Meet-up. Although our presence was less than comparatively, we have taken this Meet-Up honor. It was the best moment when we were on the roof of launch discussing about the Water Pollution, at that time some people questioned to us to know what is our gool and answered them and I think this River Cleaning Meet-up getting successful. 

Kamal_Hossen_Rana_1-1610082699486.jpeg

Caption: Our group photos with banners and some handwritten handbills, While we were taking group photos some of the launch passengers happy joined in our group.

We started our journey at 8:00am from Taltoli Ghat and got on a small launch from there. We set off for Ulania Launch Ghat. We didn't have a place on the ground floor, we had to finish the whole journey on the roof. Although it was very cold and windy that day. We forgot our troubles by seeing beauty of the natural scenery and people suffering from river erosion. 

Kamal_Hossen_Rana_2-1610082699660.jpeg

Caption: A collage of some photos of people who live in the banks of the river and the river breakdown. 

As far as we saw this region, they haven't lowest feeling about river pollution. Most people are not aware of what kind of problem is through the river pollution, yet if some people know about this but they still could not be aware. 

To make people informed and aware about river pollution, there is a need for adequate quantity campaign, it is possible to make people aware of the only river pollution through campaign.

We were not able to do any area-based campaign, we just conducted the campaign of launch about river pollution. Those who were in the launch, said about it that it would be a very good initiative and we would have to stop this natural way if we do not have to stop polluting our river through it.

Kamal_Hossen_Rana_3-1610082699025.jpeg

Caption: We got off the launch and dumped some blogs and sandbags on the river bank to prevent river erosion. 

We could not get off the launch and stay on the shore for long to leave for Barishal again.  Had to be around to catch the 1pm launch. If we couldn't take that launch we would have had a lot of trouble to back. So we are in the vicinity of the launch terminal.

Kamal_Hossen_Rana_4-1610082697266.jpeg

Caption: A collage of some photos on River Cleaning activities. 

Many small and big launches were berthing at the launch terminal. It was difficult to do anything from the launches or to pick up dirt from the river. Later we see a stone-laden trawler, which was almost equal to the river water and the trawler.  We tried to clean some of this dirt from that trawler and we were able to clean a little bit.

I am very happy to be able to perform Meet-up in the beginning of the 2021. You will pray for more so that I can come up with a more Meet-up in the future.

Happy New Year to all! ❤️

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Barishal, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] River Cleaning Meet-up

@KamalHossenR thank for sharing your meetup recap. Good initiative taken. 6 local guides joined your meetup that's great. We should take a part of this meetup like that. Hopefully you will maintain this regularity like this meetup. All the best & congratulated on your successful meetup.

Level 9

Dear @MehadeHasan 

I will try to continue like this meet-up in the coming days with your love and support. 

Level 8

অনেক মহান কাজ. নদী বাচলে বাচবে দেশ সফল হবে বাংলাদেশ. Thank you so much @KamalHossenR nice work my dear. Great recap. 

Level 9

Dear @Mohammadalauddin

Thank you so much for your nice comment and inspiration.

We also had a dialogue in the meetup which was "Save the River Save the Country"

Level 7

Hi @KamalHossenR ,  thanks for share your successful meet up story. 

All of you 6 local guides did a great job.  

Thanks for share. 

Love from Old Dhaka.

Level 9

Dear @sweetnovember99

Thank you so much for your best wish. 

Love from Barishal. ❤️