FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Local Guides Surabaya - Canada Meetup

Local Guides Surabaya - Canada MeetupLocal Guides Surabaya - Canada Meetup

Hello guys local guides all over the world, in this time I'll tell a fun story ya!

Want to know what it is?

Yesterday on November 29th, I rushed home from Thailand to meet my promise to one of the Local Guides Summit 2017 guests who will come to Surabaya.

Explore Wat Pho TempleExplore Wat Pho Temple

In front of Indonesian Embassy in ThailandIn front of Indonesian Embassy in Thailand

Yes, on these two days, the City of Surabaya have one special guest, one of the most famous Local Guides, is @Shirley a Local Guides from Vancouver Canada.

@Shirley is one of my friends in the event Local Guides Summit 2017. She is here to take vacation in Indonesia.

Yesterday she has surrounded all the beauty and peace of Lombok Island. She was with her friend named Fahmi. She is on vacation for about 2 weeks in Lombok. One of her favourite destinations is Gili Trawangan Island.

Shirley came to Surabaya last night at 6 pm. The main goal she came to East Java is actually want to adventure to Mount Baromo. However, due to the frequent rainy weather and Mount Bromo there is an increase in the status to be alert because it may be one of the effects of Mount Agung eruption in Bali, then the plan is canceled.

I and @BudionoS after in event finally meet @Shirley at 10 pm at one of Surabaya's famous eating places, Rawon Setan

Take Selfie AgainTake Selfie Again

In Rawon Setan, the four of us get to know each other, chit-chat for a while and enjoying the delights of this Rawon Setan from Surabaya.

And it did not feel like we were talking until 1 am. And we go home to rest for tomorrow, we hope our body fit back to prepare for the historical Majapahit tourist destinations trip in Trowulan, Mojokerto.

Day 2

On this second day I immediately made an appointment with @BudionoS and @Shirley and Fahmi for the next trip, which is to Trowulan.

I came home from around 11.30 on a motorbike to the hotel where @Shirley and Fahmi spent their night. There, we waited for @BudionoS to pick up the three of us with his car.

Take Selfie in Budiono CarTake Selfie in Budiono CarAt 1 pm we hurried to the place to eat before we headed to Trowulan. Place to eat this time is also one of the legendary dining places of Surabaya City, Sate Klopo Ondomohen. Here, the four of us ordered Beef Coconut Satay and Chicken Cococnut Satay. And each person ate one serving with 10 skewers.

Sate Klopo Ondomohen Surabaya

Finally after lunch, we continued our trip to Trowulan. As usual we had to hit the traffic jam of Surabaya. But, in the middle of the journey to Trowulan, then we were already in the city of Sidoarjo was not very supportive weather, the weather suddenly dark because of thick clouds that immediately spewed very heavy rain. Finally we turn back and go to another alternative destination in the city of Surabaya, namely to one of the largest shopping center, Tunjungan Plaza.

Visiting our plaza then looking for more culinary places, and finally after walking around we decided to eat at Tong DJi House which is inside in Tunjungan Plaza.

There we eat some typical local cuisine, there are eating Bakmi Semarang, Tahu Gimbal Semarang, Mendoan and others.

Bakmi Semarang

Shirley Eat Indonesian Local CuisineShirley Eat Indonesian Local Cuisine

Budiono Eat Indonesian Local Cuisine

After finishing our meal we shop at Uniqlo, one of the most famous fashion centers in the world.

DSC08694.JPG

DSC08699.JPG

Day 3

Today we will not to held Photowalk at House of Sampoerna because Shirley and Fahmi last night could not sleep cause the hotel there is a small problem.

So, in the afternoon after Shirley and Fahmi checked out of the hotel, I immediately headed for the first Foodcrawl place in Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada.

After Friday prayers, I arrived at the location and before I stopped by one of Surabaya's most favourite cake, Surabaya Patata to give to Shirley and Fahmi.

In Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada, I met Budiono and some other friends. There we have to wait for the store to open.

Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada

After eating together in Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada, we finally went to the place that is very legendary in Surabaya, namely Zangrandi Ice Cream.

Arriving at Zangrandi Ice Cream I remembered that sticker and pin giving Shirley left in Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada, I finally turned back with Alvan Yogi to go back to Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada to take it back. Luckily sticker and pin is not lost and stored by one Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada employee. At Zangrandi Ice Cream, we enjoyed some legendary ice cream, we finally scattered everything.

Zangrandi Ice CreamZangrandi Ice Cream

After from Zangrandi Ice Cream. I, Budiono, Shirley and Fahmi went on to Soto Ayam Lamongan Cak Har for a 3 day closing of Foodcrawl.

Soto Cak HarSoto Cak Har

Here, we took photos together using Shirley's Instax camera. We created 3 photos shared for our memories in Surabaya.

Local Guides Summit Mini ReunionLocal Guides Summit Mini Reunion

After enjoying Soto, the four of us headed for Juanda airport to deliver Shirley and Fahmi to Jakarta

Juanda International AirportJuanda International Airport

See you again Shirley, come back to Indonesia and hope the weather is not as bad as yesterday and we can explore more hehe

Surabaya, Surabaya City, East Java, Indonesia
23 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Local Guides Surabaya - Canada Meetup

Welcome to Surabaya @Shirley I hope you enjoy your trip here, I hope you can taste "Rujak Cingur" before leaving Surabaya, you're not completely in Surabaya if you don't eat it, or "Lontong Balap and clam satay" as an alternative, let @BudionoS treat you once in your lifetime to try one of them. Right @FahmiAdimara?

Foodie Lover, I`m The man behind the pan, love cooking and love to eat. MakanMasak
Level 9

Wooow wooow @FahmiAdimara , guuys you look have Wonderful time together wish am with you Guuuys :-))))

@BudionoS and AMAAAAZING @Shirley :-))) 

Level 10

wow nice recap bro @FahmiAdimara see you soon again today after your photowalk session with @Shirley and other Surabaya Local Guides. we will meet at Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada. 

Thanks @Henry_A for your suggestion about lontong balap or rujak cingur. I hope we can make it today. 

Bro @OSAMA please come..

Level 9

Hi @Henry_A thanks for you suggestion. We will arrange our schedule again. I hope you can join us on afternoon today 😄

Level 9

Yeay, haloo @OSAMA you must visit Indonesia someday!!! and let us know 😄

Level 9

See you soon @BudionoS on Bebek Sinjay Dharmahusada Surabaya 😄

Level 9

I promise you 🤚brothers @BudionoS @FahmiAdimara

I will visit Indonesia , sure InshaALLAH I will and we will enjoy our time and make 

Delicious Yummy Meetups 😁😊😁👍👍👌

Level 7

ada syarat2 tertentu gabung local guide surabaya kah? Soale saya baru tahu ada juga komunitas beginian hehehehe

@kartodimedjo - slmrckt
Level 8

@bisa langsung ke instagram @localguidesurabaya 

disana ada informasi untuk gabung dengan Local Guides Surabaya kak @kartodimedjo

@kartodimedjo wrote:

ada syarat2 tertentu gabung local guide surabaya kah? Soale saya baru tahu ada juga komunitas beginian hehehehe

, Terima kasih

Foodie Lover, I`m The man behind the pan, love cooking and love to eat. MakanMasak