PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Know Bangladesh-Virtual Meetup

Hello Everyone, I would like to thank you all for joining my meetup Know Bangladesh and I hope you enjoyed it. Here is my meet-up RECAP. I also want to say sorry for the technical difficulties of the Google meet link. 

Local Guides @PavelSarwar taking selfie during virtual meet-upLocal Guides @PavelSarwar taking selfie during virtual meet-up

During my virtual meet up I have tried to give a short intro about Bangladesh and showing you through Google Maps and street view a few Unique places and tourist destinations you can explore. It's very hard to explain and showcase a country in one hour but I have tried my best. 

Some of the participating Local GuidesSome of the participating Local Guides

Bangladesh is one of the most friendly, intriguing and we like to think, exciting, countries in the world. Bangladesh was the first part of the Mughal empire for more than five centuries. In 1971 it became the independent country of Bangladesh, with Dhaka as its capital, and Bengali is our mother Language. We are the only nation that fought for the mother tongue in 1952. 

Google Maps screenshot i have present during meet-upGoogle Maps screenshot i have present during meet-up

Bangladesh is situated on the northern coast of the Bay of Bengal and is surrounded by India & it shares a border with Myanmar (Burma). It is the largest delta in the world with the sacred river Ganges, Brahmaputra and Jamuna all flowing through the country and finally into the Bay of Bengal.

Google Maps link to Bangladesh. 

Bangladesh, the mother land of rivers, has a unique history of culture, dating back more than three thousand years.  Bangladesh boasts a rich literary heritage reflecting the long history of the region. The major religion practiced in Bangladesh is Islam, while a sizable minority is Hindu. Other religious groups include Buddhist, Christians, and animists. 

Bangladesh has six distinct seasons unlike the normal four distinct  seasons. These seasons comprise of grismo (summer), barsha (rainy),  sharat (autumn), hemanto (cool), sheet (winter), and bashonto (spring). Cool, isn't ?

There are many traditional and very popular forms of folk music throughout Bangladesh. Rice and Hilsha fish are the staple foods of Bangladesh and are available everywhere. Summer is treated as fruit festival season in Bangladesh when almost all fruits are available. If you missed my meet-up, you can get an idea about Bangladeshi pitha from my previuos post. 

You can try famous Bangladeshi foods during your trip. Paratha,kachchi Biryani,Bhuna Khichuri,patla khichuri,Morog Polao, Rice with curry, vorta, vaji and daal,Naan Roti,Haleem, Sheek Kabab,Fuchka,Misti Doi,Doi chira,Falooda,Rasmalai,Borhani etc. 

Bangladeshi people wear different clothes depending on their age, location, and social class. The sari is by far the most widely worn dress by women, followed by the salwar kameez. Bangladeshi men wear kurta-pajama combinations on religious and cultural occasions, the lungi, a kind of sarong as casual wear and shirts and trousers on more formal occasions. Bangladesh has its own unique traditional art of weaving called Jamdani

Fairs and festivals play an important role in the life of Bangladeshis. Bengali New Year (Pahela Baishakh) – April 14th–is a great time to visit, as the people of Bangladesh celebrate this day with characteristic splendor, especially in Dhaka city. Bangladesh has its own unique transport called Rickshaw. 

Then I have shared about the Best Places to Visit in Bangladesh.

Google Maps list i have created for this meet-up. 

Bangladesh is the least touristy destination in the world according to the World Bank. We welcome foreigners everywhere and try to help them in any way possible. Places I have showcase during this meet up.

Sundarban Mangrove Forest: Sundarban is the largest mangrove forest on the earth and a  UNESCO world heritage site. It is home to the last remaining Royal Bengal tigers in The world.

Chittagong Hill- Tracts: Chittagong Hill Tracts area is a naturally beautiful place full of beautiful hills. It is home to many tribal groups in Bangladesh. This is the best place in Bangladesh for adventure travel.

Srimangal: Srimangal is the tea capital of Bangladesh. You will find lush green tea gardens anywhere you go here.

Screenshot from Google maps during my PresentationScreenshot from Google maps during my Presentation

Rangamati: The main reason to visit this place is the kaptai lake. It is a naturally beautiful man-made lake surrounded by beautiful hills.

Paharpur: Paharpur is the most impressive archeological site in Bangladesh, a UNESCO world heritage site. It was the second-largest Buddhist monastery south of the Himalayas in the 8th century.

St. Martin's Island: St. Martin's Island is a beautiful coral island of Bay of Bengal in Bangladesh. For beach lovers, this is the best place to visit in Bangladesh.

Screenshot from Google maps during my PresentationScreenshot from Google maps during my Presentation

Sylhet: Sylhet is a naturally beautiful place in the north-eastern part of Bangladesh. It has many beautiful places to visit. Especially Jaflong, Ratargul swamp forest.

Barisal: Life in Barisal is fully based on the river. You can visit it's many floating markets, especially floating guava markets.

Mosque City Bagerhat: Bagerhat is a city founded in the 15th century by a Turkish general. It is full of beautiful historic mosques, among which 60 dome Mosques are the most famous. This whole city is recognized as UNESCO world heritage site.

Cox's Bazar: Cox's Bazar is the longest unbroken sandy beach in the world, 125km in length. [Uniquely] in Bangladesh: Cox's Bazar Sea Beach

Sonargaon: Sonargaon was the old capital of Bengal in the medieval period. The main attraction to visit Sonargaon would be the abandoned merchant city, panam nagar.

Here are a few more places that you can explore, places I have visited.

Lalbagh Fort, Ahsan Manzil, Armenian Church, Star Mosque, Khan Muhammad Mridha Mosque, Dhakeshwari Temple, National Assembly building, Sadarghat River Port, Panam Nagar, Folk Art Crafts Museum, Goaldi Mosque, Baliati Place, Mosque City of Bagerhat, Sundarbans, Puthia, Gaur, Mahasthangarh, Kantajew Temple, Tajhat Place, Nayabad Mosque, Jaflong, Ratargul Swamp Forest and many more places.

This Google link can help you to find Top destinations in Bangladesh

Thanks, everyone for reading my recap and I hope you enjoyed it.

I want to tag a few of my fellow Local Guides for making this meet-up successful. @SumaiyaZafrin  @AdrianLunsong (adrian bro I am so sorry because I forgot to record) @ShafiulB @Ddimitra and all Local Guides those who attended and I missed a lot of @StephenAbraham during meet-up. I want to tag my inspiration @TraciC 

#KnowBangladesh  and welcome to #Bangladesh 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Dhaka, Bangladesh
47 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Know Bangladesh-Virtual Meetup

It was a great Meet Up brother @PavelSarwar

I enjoyed your presentation to sharing about Bangladesh. You picked almost all the beauty, culture, and traditions. 

In addition, you can also visit this list of mine Best of Bangladesh 

Keep exploring!

Happy Guiding!

Level 8

Great meet- up and Recap @PavelSarwar 

We will see the Bangladesh through your eyes. 

You presenting Bangladesh in a different way.

Thank you so much. 

✤ Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam 

Level 8

@Nomad_vikram Thank you, brother, and welcome to Bangladesh.

Level 3

Good Job Mr. Parve Sarawar and thanks a lot for organising such a wonderful virtual meetup for Bangladeshi and other country. Proud of you bro. Keep it up 😊👍🤘🎊

Level 8

Hello@PavelSarwar 

Many many thanks Pavel Bhai. I think this meet up program was good for me to know and understand Bangladesh. I have received a lot of information from this program, which will be useful for family trips in the future.

Best wishes.

Level 8

Sure @PavelSarwar 

Once the pandemic becomes normal, I will plan for Bangladesh. 

✤ Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam 

Level 8

@Islam24 @mamun837 ধন্যবাদ আপনাদের মিটআপে জয়েন করার জন্য। আমার উদ্যেশ ছিল বাংলাদেশী লোকাল গাইডসদের মনে করিয়ে দেয়ার জন্য কত সুন্দর আমাদের দেশ যা নিয়ে আমরা গর্ব করতে পারি, আর আমাদের বিদেশী বন্ধুদের মাঝে বাংলাদেশ কে শোকেইজ করতে। 

Level 8

@Nomad_vikram Sure bro, We are here to assist you. @NirajBhusal  my brother from Nepal can share his experience in Bangladesh with you.

Level 8

I enjoyeed your presentation to sharing Bangladesh & I,m planning to visit the left visiting place in my bucket form your suggestion.

Thank you Everyone ?

During the Meetup Screenshot's collageDuring the Meetup Screenshot's collage