PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House Ceremony

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf Zahir & Batin. Eid Mubarak to everyone from Malaysia.

Selamat Hari Raya is the traditional greeting used by Malay Muslims which means Happy Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir dan Batin which when translated is I seek forgiveness from you. A lot of Muslims also say Eid Mubarak when they greet each other; the term has Arabic origins. Eid Mubarak’ means Happy Hari Raya.IMG_20190605_103645-COLLAGE.jpg

This is my RECAP post for today’s Eid Celebration meet up. Today we organized a meet up named Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House.

Before I go to share our today’s experience, I want to share little bit about Hari Raya Aidilfitri and How do we celebrate it in Malaysia?

Hari Raya Aidilfitri commonly known as Eid al-Fitr is an annually celebrated event that marks the end of the Muslim fasting month, also known as Ramadan. Typically, on the first day of Syawal, the tenth month of the Hijrah (Islamic) calendar, there are joyful celebrations that are loud, raucous, and after a month of abstinence well-deserved. This day is also known as Hari Raya Puasa in Malaysia.

Hari Raya is one of the biggest holidays in Malaysia, and many Local and Foreigner Muslims and even non-Muslims return to their family home driving or flying home for a couple of days before the day to celebrate Hari Raya with their families and loved ones.

Before went to our meetoup me and LocalGuide  @SumaiyaZafrinC  performed our Eid PrayerBefore went to our meetoup me and LocalGuide @SumaiyaZafrinC performed our Eid Prayer

The day itself opens with an early-morning prayer (Eid Prayer) at the mosque, where Muslims give thanks for their blessings. While dressed in their new best clothes, they will pay a visit to their relatives, family and friends to dig into traditional delicious food like ketupat, rendang, satay, lemang, curry and many other traditional foods.

How was our Hari Raya Aidilfitri open house meet-up?Invitation Flayer for the Hari Raya Aidilfitri open house . This invitation Collected  from Official  Facebook Page of Honarable Prime Minister of MalaysiaInvitation Flayer for the Hari Raya Aidilfitri open house . This invitation Collected from Official Facebook Page of Honarable Prime Minister of Malaysia

Of course, no Hari Raya is complete without the excellent cuisine typically offered up at open houses. But in Malaysia actually one particular open house that we’re extra eager to go to this Raya, and it’s none other than the one held at Seri Perdana – which is the official residence of the Prime Minister of Malaysia and open for all.

Selfie in font of Main gate of  Sri Perdana Kediaman Rasmi Perdana Menteri. Me, Sumaiya and Stephen waited here for going inside of the main event.Selfie in font of Main gate of Sri Perdana Kediaman Rasmi Perdana Menteri. Me, Sumaiya and Stephen waited here for going inside of the main event.

I and @SumaiyaZafrin  went out of the house for the Eid prayers in the morning near our event location. After Eid prayers, we arrive at 9.30 am in the event location. There was a long line to enter the open house. We @SumaiyaZafrin  @StephenAbraham  wait there for some time to enter the open house. We were very excited for Open House celebration. Specially me Sumaiya, Sakib and Saidul. Because it was the first time for us.IMG_20190605_105055-COLLAGE.jpg

An exhaustive buffet spread awaits visitors at Seri Perdana, and the menu includes Malaysian favourites such as char kuey teow, mee goreng mamak, nasi impit, rendang, and many more. Many guests made a beeline for the satay, as well as a spread of Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine, including briyani, kurma and naan, as well as roasted lamb.Sweets, cookies, kuih bahulu, kuih lapis, and beverages such as cendol are also available. We also tested various types of food.

IMG_20190605_104513-COLLAGE.jpg

After that, we cannot wait to shake hands and take photos with Honarable Prime Minister and other cabinet ministers. For that we had to wait another big long line and we were successful to shake hands. But it was forbidden to take photos at the place of official greetings.

Honarable Prime Minister of Malaysia Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad giving his speech . I am trying to take selfie  and Local Guides @StephenAbraham  giving live on Facebook.Honarable Prime Minister of Malaysia Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad giving his speech . I am trying to take selfie and Local Guides @StephenAbraham giving live on Facebook.After some time, the Honorable Prime Minister and his wife came to the public event stage and we can able to see them again and take pictures.After successful meet-up here is our group selfie.After successful meet-up here is our group selfie.

After some time, two more Local Guides joined us. We try to explore open house and take a lot of pictures. Today is a very memorable day for us.

Here is our shared Google Photos album.

#EidMubarak

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Putrajaya, Malaysia
21 comments
Level 6

Re: [RECAP] Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House Ceremony

Wow...very nice. Loved all the pics. Thank you @PavelSarwar for sharing .

Level 8

@binazaidi79 Eid Mubarak, Thanks for reading a long RECAP. 

Level 7

That was my first experience to attend open house event on Hari Raya Eidilfitri. Special Thanks to @PavelSarwar for inviting us on big event of the year. We spend there few hours but memories made for the years.

below some snaps by me.

73F1CBFB-C915-4ECE-9F85-1855FD8455BC.jpeg

87B3D5E1-49B3-44BD-9FA8-A7932D667779.jpeg

581F664B-3D36-414D-921D-BA4999803620.jpeg

280DA845-CAB4-4A87-A96D-704343018B2C.jpeg

Level 6

Wow that's awesome... Eid Mubarak 

Level 9

Nice recap on Eid occasion @PavelSarwar 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Eid Mubarak 

Level 8

Eid Mubarak, Sorry to say that 🙏due to the heavy crowd I have missed this meet-up, although I went there.Hope you guys enjoyed this meet-up very well.Thanks @PavelSarwar for arranging this meet-up and sharing your experience with us.

saidul karim & Sakib with a huge number of crowd in front of Prime Minister house during Hari Raya open house day.saidul karim & Sakib with a huge number of crowd in front of Prime Minister house during Hari Raya open house day.

Level 7

Thank you for sharing your visit Pavel. I as Malaysian has not been to PM's open house due to family's obligation that is to stay home and entertain close family members. Will make an effort next year insha ALLAH.

Level 8

Eid Mubarak @PavelSarwar  bro and @SumaiyaZafrin  Vavi. I am happy to see you enjoying alot. Keep sharing.

Namaste

Niraj

Level 8

@Saqis9966  Thanks for joining bro.