IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Good Morning 360 📷

As usual, I reached the destination early and yes! I started roaming around exploring the lake, meditating, doing some yoga stretches and was relaxing my body and mind. This is one of the best places to do meditation,  looking at the Barmouth and the deep lagoon.

Lagoon view from Lighthouse areaLagoon view from Lighthouse areaI planned to go for a photo walk with fellow local guides and to click some good photos around Batticaloa Lighthouse. Unfortunately, there were no participants this time until 7:30 am, then I decided to walk along the park, lighthouse area up to lagoon bank.

Suddenly I heard a bike sound at the parking area and that was non-other than Meshanth. he joined me and was chatting for 20 minutes about how to make this meet up more exciting. Finally, we decided to go for a boat ride and thought to take photos from the boat. Meshanth also cheered my idea and we both went to hire a tourist boat, but the cost was LKR 4500/- so, we decided to go for a cheaper option, a normal engine boat which costs LKR 2000/-

Meshanth any IlankovanMeshanth any Ilankovan
I got a sudden idea and thought to mount my 360 camera and capture the street view of the ride along the boat where normally tourists visit. This will be more useful and helpful for tourists to see the tour and the path. I was actually excited to do this but a bit afraid about the battery and the memory on the camera. I could complete the first trace successfully and then came to the shore area and transferred the files to my mobile phone.  (@PaulPavlinovich this how I save the internal memory)

Street view on Batticalao LagoonStreet view on Batticalao Lagoon

Then charged both mobile and camera with my power bank and then started the second path. Hold on!!! There was a failure too, yes on my second trip I was recording the 360 videos and then I thought it was moving well and recorded, even in the screen it showed me like it's on the live record mode, but when I returned to the shore that file was not downloadable and seems the video got corrupted. I never worried about failures and without tiredness, we went to the same ride from the same location and got it.

My first street view trace (blue line)  on waterMy first street view trace (blue line) on water

The boatman was really supportive an I have also explained the benefit of this tour. This will increase the tourists and this will allow them to see the tour. So he was even more excited to show me.

I have uploaded many 360s in this path and I'm sure this will be useful for tourists :)I have uploaded many 360s in this path and I'm sure this will be useful for tourists 🙂

This is my first street view on top of the water and I’m really happy about this work. Like this, you all also can update your famous boat trips to google maps 😊

I have named this SV as “Lake View” and you can view here

More photos please check this album

Note: If you are going to try these kinds of lagoon trails please make sure you wear life jackets and other safety gears. Since we three are good swimmers, we had a little overconfidence not to wear and we left those on the shore area. But I will not recommend anybody to go without life jackets.

Batticaloa Light House, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Good Morning 360 📷

As longer I'm here on connect, as more I'm interested in 360.....

Thank you for this nice recap @IlankovanT

Really nice pictures an camera head 😁

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Thank you @TorM 🙂 nice to hear that you also interested in 360 photos 🙂
I'm going to buy a Insta360 One X next month!! 

I'm sharing a useful post by @StephenAbraham regarding Insta360 One X for you.

Level 10

@IlankovanT

Thanks so much for sharing this informative, well corroborated interesting topic with us here.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Excellent @IlankovanT!

Thanks for sharing your first street view, while on the water! Super cool! I'm also glad to see you guys had fun while contributing. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you @AlexaAC, yes we had so much fun and I was not able to move my head with 360 camera 🙂
we are planning to go for another lagoon trail soon 🙂

Level 8

Hello @IlankovanT thanks for share with us.

Former Google Contributor

That should be fun, @IlankovanT!

The lagoon is so beautiful, I'll be waiting for that one. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

This is great @IlankovanT  and you're right the tour is a perfect thing to for tourists to see what this area is like from a different viewpoint and may encourage them to take up a boat ride as well!

Level 9

Thank you @PaulPavlinovich , yes true. this will help tourists 🙂