nkwetche's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] BONANJO PHOTOWALK MEETUP

On Sunday 25th, 2018, we held a Photowalk Meetup in Bonanjo (Douala).

Having this meetup gave us the opportunity to meet and get to know more local guides from Douala.   We walked from Bonanjo to Bali two neighboring quarters of the city of Douala. As compare to our last meetup, we are happy to announce you that there were 200% more attendees (from 3 to 9)360 Pictures of DOUALA Local Guides360 Pictures of DOUALA Local Guides

We started the meetup at Bonanjo Park at 2 pm as planned. Only two locals guides were already around on time. Prior to the beginning of our photowalk and while waiting foe the others, we started discussions

As usual, we started with individual presentation. Everybody gave his/her name, local guide level, and briefly shared how he /she got to know the local guide program and why he /she is contributing to Google Maps. 

We had the participation of RODRIGUE, who share we us his experience of the very first local guides meetup organized in Douala in 2017 with two organized only participants. He explained to us how they decided to create a Google+ group, as well as a Facebook page, and the WhatsApp group for Doula Local Guides.

Other major topics that we also discussed about and shared our experiences on were:

• How to add or edit places on Google Maps
  • Pictures recommendations for places on Google maps.
  • Possibility of adding a new road. Which is not yet possible in our area.
  • Possibility of deleting spam pictures by business owners.
  • Possibility of claiming a business on Google maps.

Before we end up the little educational session, we recommended everybody to use Local Guides Connect to share or ask any question that concerning the Local guide program or google maps.

DOUALA Local Guides Selfie @nkwetche @rodrigue @ericsibamou @gilesorleant @claudiaDOUALA Local Guides Selfie @nkwetche @Rodrigue @ericsibamou @gilesorleant @Claudia

The itinerary below was then suggested and adopted for our photowalk. 2.4 KM journey from the Bananjo Park to Bolongi Bar while:

• Taking picture
  • Editing places and correcting wrong names
  • Editing places with wrong geographic positions on the map
  • Adding missing places
  • Adding missing informationPhotowalk TrajetPhotowalk Trajet

We sat at BOLONGI to take refreshment before closing the meetup.

We want to give big "thank you" and warm hugs to all the Douala Local Guides attendees who chose to spend their time with us that November Sunday afternoon.

Special thanks to Christian, who brought his 4 years-old son with him at this event. Having him with us gave us a lot of cheerfulness to the heart. He is for sure, the future of our community. 

Douala Local Guides Meetup end SelfieDouala Local Guides Meetup end Selfie 

#DoualaLocalGuides #LocalGuides #LetsGuide #GoogleLocalGuides

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] BONANJO PHOTOWALK MEETUP

@nkwetche, congrats on your second meetup! Looks like you are now hooked and the "Local Guides momentum" has started to grow, thanks, to you and your persistence, from 3 to 9 attendees.

What and will your next Meetup be? There is a lot of territory to cover in Cameroon.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@nkwetche I can see that you and your group covered a long distance, doing what the local guides do better than anyone: contributing with GMaps, as well as teaching the new generation of local mini guides 🤗

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Former Google Contributor

Hi @nkwetche,

Thanks for sharing your recap!

It looks like you had a great time at your meet-up, and going from 3-9 attendees is amazing! Next time i'm sure there will be even more. 

I hope to see more meet-ups from you, and the people in your area.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Thank you Gérard @nkwetche for your feed back , i really appreciate the time we spend together, walking and doing all those Pictures in our Street.

I have been really encouraged to add some new types of Pictures in Google Maps as 360° Pictures  and Streetviews images. 

Together we did a Great job. Thank you for the initiative and thank you to every participant.

Waiting for the next meetup

20181125_151809.jpg

Eric Sibamou
Level 8

Merci pour le recap @nkwetche, ce fut un très grand moment de partage et de découverte, je suis principalement ravi de savoir que l'équipe des Local Guides s'agrandit de jour en jour, vivement le prochain meet-up avec un nouveau challenge.

Centre de beauté et de remise en formeCentre de beauté et de remise en forme

by kouamx100
Level 8

congrats @nkwetche I can say I'm part of this community as well

Tosan Clarke
Former Google Contributor

Hi @nkwetche,

I am just letting you know that since your post is in English, I have removed the french language tag from your post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @MortenSI

ok for that.

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr