Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Accessible Delhi Episode 21 - Hospitals

People in Delhi are increasingly visiting hospitals for either treatment or checkup of COVID and related respiratory diseases. In Delhi, the National Institute of TB and Respiratory Diseases is a major hospital with various departments ranging from OPD, emergency, various general wards, canteen, ambulance parking, visitor parking, and so on.

Caption: Banner of the Episode 21 of Accessible Delhi Meetup - HospitalsCaption: Banner of the Episode 21 of Accessible Delhi Meetup - Hospitals 

The following were checked in the various departments of the hospital campus:

1. The Accessibility of the main entrance.
2. The availability of ramps at the entrance.
3. The availability of ramps inside the hospital.
4. The accessibility of washrooms/toilets.
5. The accessibility of parking.
6. The accessibility of the waiting area.
7. the accessibility of utility areas like canteen, waiting area, etc.

Here are the findings of the various accessibility features in different sections of the hospital.

✔️The main entrance was leveled-off with the road and was easily accessible for a wheelchair.

Caption: Collage of the photos indicating accessibility features at various departments in a hospital in Delhi made by local guide @Tushar_Suradkar

✔️ 2-Wheeler parking was accessible though was in need of some repairs.
✔️4-Wheeler parking was accessible and in good condition.
✔️ Parking for the ambulance was accessible.

Caption: Collage of the photos indicating accessibility features at various departments in a hospital in Delhi made by local guide @Tushar_Suradkar

✔️The general ward was accessible via a huge ramp.
✔️The waiting area was leveled-off with the main entrance and was accessible for a wheelchair.

✔️Most departments of the hospital were accessible.
The office of the administrator was not accessible as marked in the collage below.
Also, one of the several canteens on the campus was not accessible as marked in the collage below.

✔️The main cafeteria was accessible via several ramps on its various sides.

✔️The emergency ward was accessible via a network of ramps from several sides to ease the movement of those using a wheelchair.

✔️The ICU section was accessible for the differently-abled.
✔️The X-ray section was accessible via a huge ramp.

Conclusion

The various departments of one of the largest hospitals in Delhi are fully geared towards embracing the differently-abled and though there were a few discontinuities, helpful people were always available nearby to ease the experience of the differently-abled.

This meetup was conducted as part of the Accessibility for All movement.

BR
Tushar Suradkar
Delhi

Delhi, India
8 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Accessible Delhi Episode 21 - Hospitals

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar da,

Happy New Year.

From your accessibility post I gather some new knowledge from the beginning. Your details accessibility information will help disabled person. According to me, if a hospital isn't wheelchair accessible then that hospital will not be an ideal hospital.

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @KalyanPal 

Thanks for the appreciation and agree with you - a wheelchair is a bare minimum criterion for accessibility but they can include more and it also becomes our responsibility to identify and include in the check.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your another great accessibility meetup @Tushar_Suradkar 

Keep it up...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Thanks for Sharing..

Connect Moderator

@Shrut19 🙏

दाखल घेतल्या बद्दल आभारी आहे. 

Level 8

Just superb efforts @Tushar_Suradkar as always... Really hats off to you buddy. Thank you.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Thanks a ton, my friend 👍

My meetups are nover complete without your appreciation 😍