Peterthehagrid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Question on temporarily closed restaurants

@JoeCullity wrote:

Hi @LucioV: I read the article, and while it dose address "Special Hours"  I don't see any mention of "Seasonal Closures".

QUESTION # 1:  Has anything ever been done about this? I have a large number of business in my area (along the ocean in NJ, USA) that close for the winter and before I start marking them  Closed, I wonder if there is any chance a "Closed for the season" might magically appear.

Question # 2: If I do mark them closed,and next year, when they reopen, Will the photos and more importantly the Street View tours still be there?

Hi @JoeCullity sorry I don't have different informations about this feature, that has been requested long time ago!

At this moment the only chance is the closure and reopening.

I can ensure that SV tours and photos will stay at their place, also when the business is marked closed; took a long time before a place is removed from maps after being closed.

Level 9

Once a place is marked "permanently closed," it is difficult to switch, once they reopen for the season.

Some businesses I have encountered are not as computer savvy, or do not understand the importance of updating their business information. However, I do try to encourage them to Google their business. 

Therefore, I do believe that it would benefit Google, to have local guides have the option to edit "temporarily closed for the season." 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @RenataH. We've received this feedback several times on Connect now, thanks for sharing! I also encourage you to share this directly with the team by sending feedback in-app 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

@RenataH I've been asking for this, I don't know for how long. Maybe if enough of us keep asking, the wish will be granted. I live alog the NJ Coast and after the summer season is over lots of places close for the season. Thanks for adding your voice.