ulimmeh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Proud to Finally be a Level 10 Local Guide!

Level 10

Congratulations @ulimmeh

Well done 😀

Level 10

@ulimmeh

Congratulation for achieving the ultimate level. Your journey to the top looks very inspiring looking at your reviews.

Lots of good food and locations. Nice. Thanks for sharing!

Level 10

Congratulations @ulimmeh on your effort to finally reaching level 10.  It's not an easy task, I know. I am working towards that goal myself and hopefully, perhaps by the end of the year, I will make it.  I looked at a lot of your reviews and photos and believe your submissions to be first class. You also have done a lot of fact checking. I enjoy that as well. Now you can really focus on just the aspects of the Guides program that interest you the most without concern of points. Enjoy!

Regards, @Koby

@SuzanneBozz@DshottDennis@davidhyno@orogor @MdEmranulHoque @AmbrishVarshney @NandKK @Eire27

Level 10

@orogor some great questions there. Here are my responses.

If you work from dslr, what's the upload process?

A: I use something called EyeFi (http://www.eyefi.com/) 90% of the time to instantly transfer my DSLR pics to my phone (Google Photos). Once in Google Photos i do my edits then upload them to Google Maps. Once in a while i do manual uploads onto my computer to Google Photos.

When you go back home you spend another hour associate the photos to the places?

A: The good thing is Google Photos allows you to specify where photos were taken.

Maybe you have a gps in the camera to help?

A: But mostly, EyeFi uses my phones GPS.

I scrolled up to maybe 2018 and that was really a lot, since when did you subscribed to the programme?

A: I really made it my target to get to Level 10 late last year/early this year. So a lot of my pics were from 2018. The unfair bit for me is pics are not worth as much as reviews, which can be annoying. But to me this is a way to showcase my photography to the world.

Or maybe on the last few month you did a big boos on the number of photos taken to reach lvl 10 ?

A: Often doing the less fun stuff like answering questions and checking facts can help too, though I may do less of this having reached Level 10, since i value pictures most as a photographer.

I do most photos/edits in the summer and,questions in the winter. Started maybe 4 years ago, still lvl6. I do enjoy the gamification in google guide, i never played pokemon go , but i guess it acts a bit like that for me.
A: The gamification is EXACTLY what has got me hooked. I just want more and more points. I want to reach the highest level in the game. Like i mentioned it also gives you a good image when introducing yourself to local businesses/restaurants.

Level 10

@Koby i really appreciate your words. I'm sure you'll get there soon. What you said is exactly what i am doing, i feel after reaching Level 10 you can really just enjoy photography and stop thinking about the points. Like i said i don't really enjoy taking shop-front pictures (unless i want to help a small business of course). But i do enjoy taking wild-life, historical, nature pics etc. So reaching Level 10 allows me to take the pics i want. Good luck in your journey!

Level 10

Thanks! I really appreciate your comment and i'm glad my photos/reviews are serving their purpose @SuzanneBozz see you at Level 10 soon. Good luck.