JohnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Probably a dumb question, but difference between trusted photographer and trusted agency?

I'm guessing a photographer is an individual and an agency is a company? How does it work? The reason I'm asking is I might be working with someone from a company who will employ me to take the 360 photos for their clients. I'd then pass on the copyright ownership to that person, instead of the business itself. They have the hopes after a while of becoming a trusted agency. I think they're thinking of doing this from my photos. Is this possible? I'm a little confused, and a tiny bit skeptical, just in case.

Any advice? I'd be getting charged my standard rates, and I' m guessing the other person would then be charging that plus a commission to the business.

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Probably a dumb question, but difference between trusted photographer and trusted agency?

Actually, there is slighter difference between photographers and agencies than the past.

In the past agencies must publish with their attribution string at least 500 tours in 3 months, and train photographers by themselves.

Now i offer my services as a freelance SV|T photographer and also through an Agency i partially own: our business is based on my presence as SV|T photographer, and the tours are published with myname + agency name.

As SV|T photographer you can always change the attribution string in panoeditor or transfer rights to the agency (see this nice post from @Csaba to learn how https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Transferring-ownership-and-control-over-images/m-p/60...).

My new agency has followed the new rules to become trusted and now i can publish new tours using SV App with the agency account, or, for more complex works, use my account to access pano editor and publish with attribution to my agency.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Re: Probably a dumb question, but difference between trusted photographer and trusted agency?

Actually, there is slighter difference between photographers and agencies than the past.

In the past agencies must publish with their attribution string at least 500 tours in 3 months, and train photographers by themselves.

Now i offer my services as a freelance SV|T photographer and also through an Agency i partially own: our business is based on my presence as SV|T photographer, and the tours are published with myname + agency name.

As SV|T photographer you can always change the attribution string in panoeditor or transfer rights to the agency (see this nice post from @Csaba to learn how https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Transferring-ownership-and-control-over-images/m-p/60...).

My new agency has followed the new rules to become trusted and now i can publish new tours using SV App with the agency account, or, for more complex works, use my account to access pano editor and publish with attribution to my agency.

Level 3

Ok, so regardless of the agency I work with, I'd still be able to be credited for the photograph?

Also, do I have access to Pano Editor? I don't think I do as I was Trusted after July 2016, so it's all through the app for me now?

Level 10

@JohnG wrote:

Ok, so regardless of the agency I work with, I'd still be able to be credited for the photograph?

Also, do I have access to Pano Editor? I don't think I do as I was Trusted after July 2016, so it's all through the app for me now?

Hi @JohnG yes, you will be credited but no, you will not have access to the old pano editor, so you will have to use the new SV App.