Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pride Month

Local Guide New IconLocal Guide New Icon

Be who you love. Love who you love.
#prideforeveryone

As it has been since June 2012, Google is always proud to show their support whether it's by displaying rainbow-patterned search results, updating their Local Guides profile logo/photo like they did last year (which they did yesterday), releasing a custom map called Places of Pride, and including a plethora of rainbow roads on the map.

To give a brief introduction so as to the explanation for these changes, here's a quote from our Google Administrator @TraciC:

Occasionally we change our profile photos on our social media channels and this month, it's changed to the rainbow pin to celebrate Pride Month. As Local Guides (as a program) does not have a profile photo here on Connect, there is nothing to change. I guess you'll just have to follow us everywhere. 🙂 (Links to our social channels are at the bottom of every page, too!)

One of the best features coming this year is the ability to immerse yourself by exploring the global Pride parades either through their 360° virtual marches and documenting each of them, allowing everyone to celebrate pride through virtual reality. You can explore all the Pride parades all across the world, as well as read more about Pride month in Google's landing page here.

Caption: The pride of a Local Guide.Caption: The pride of a Local Guide.

Pride month is especially important for local guides such as myself, and is an ongoing reason as to why I love, adore and support the local guides program. Google has always demonstrated their strong allegiance with the LGBTQ community and it makes following their social media platforms a lot more colourful and a delight to follow! So go on and follow them by navigating to their links on the bottom-right corner. As I've previously written about IDAHOTB (International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia) last year, I'm really hoping that the LGBTQ community might reveal themselves this month and share their stories of being both a part of the LGBTQ community, as well as the Local Guides program. Let's show our inclusivity and love for Local Guides of all walks!

Here are a few posts that have mentioned or featured the LGBT community here on connect:

We believe in #prideforeveryone.

Share your love, stories and experiences below! Where will you be for Pride Month? Let's see those colours!

EDIT: Removed tags.

22 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Pride Month

@Briggs

Very interesting post. Thank you. I wasn’t aware about this. 

It always surprises me, that such initiatives are still needed, but in fact it will be going on for several generations....

All the best from a Hetro Family Father!3CE87CAA-3D75-465A-B9D7-5590B8AE9483.jpeg

Only a colorful world is a nice world!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Hi @Briggs

Thank you 

Google xxxxx 

all & everyone

everywhere ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

love & PRIDfor

everyon💗💙💚💛💜🖤

💙💚💛💜🖤💟Happy Pride Month Everyone. xXxxx XXHappy Pride Month Everyone. xXxxx XX

Love you all lots xXxxxLove you all lots xXxxx

Pride and Love for everyone. xxxxxxxPride and Love for everyone. xxxxxxx

Waronxo

Many thanks to @TraciC for her inspirational posts, kindness and consideration. Many thanks to all the Googlers everywhere. Many thanks to all Google Maps teams, All Local Guides teams , all Google Local Guides Connect Googlers and Moderators!! Let's get together on Local Guides  Connec

💟🖤💜💛💚💙

All Google developers and all Google staff for all the extra caring and helpful work.done across the nation's all around the world. It is all about life and people of the world everywhere, love and PRIDE for everyone xoxo

Every post here in this post is a truly valuable statement for human rights. Simply a matter of respect and kindness for everyone. So thank you Briggs for all your support and kindness in sharing this with us. 

Love, respect and friendship always 

@Justine2807

bitmoji-20180602042133.png

Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Briggs wao amazing post but i also wonder how you mention  23 usernames in one post?

Level 10

Thank you Justine for your unending support and for showing so many colours, kudos to you!

Level 10

Happy pride month @Briggs! Thanks a lot for making this post and showing your support to the LGBTQ community. This kind of posts make me very happy 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

4B569F50-E974-4C8D-909B-A5B3DFF245D6.jpeg

Hi @Briggs,

I found this yesterday and thought about your pride month. Translation:

The World is Colorful.

Thanks God.

School Pastoral

it is on the wall of the school my daughter visit.

Best regards from Germany 🇩🇪  

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Thank you @TorM for bringing pride month to light and keeping me in mind.

It is lovely to to know their pastoral program in that school supports identity.

Stay joyful and hearty.

Level 10
Level 10

Hi everybody,

I would like to share with you some places LGBTQ+

Bar en Bruselas

Graffiti en Bruselas

I hope you like it

Cheers!!