EwanG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Posting Re-takes for Street View?

Now that I've done my first set of shots for Street View of a local park (Stone Oak Park in San Antonio), I've figured out that using a tripod may not be the best option - between wind and folks passing by, at least a couple shots show the top of my head at the bottom where I had to reach in to steady the tripod.

So I am getting a strap that will let me mount my Ricoh Theta V to a helmet/hat, and will be going back tomorrow to redo my shots. Also should make it easier to do more of the trail since I won't have to fiddle around so much.

When I redo the shots, do I need to do anything to get the new shots to replace the old ones, or is that one of those "automagic" things where it will use the newest shots by default?

Stone Oak Park, Stone Oak Parkway, San Antonio, TX, USA
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Posting Re-takes for Street View?

It is great that you are striving to improve your quality. Any existing 360's will be merged into the new 360's @EwanG you need to explicitly delete any previous contributions that you're not happy with. To do this open the Street View App and then the "Profile" tab. Find the image(s) you want to delete and open them one at a time. Up in the top right corner there is a three dots menu which has delete as one of the options. Deletes cannot be undone so take care.

It is not unusual to see some of the support device when shooting 360's. As long as they are in the nadir at the bottom of the image and take up less than 20% of that area you should be ok. You can see my head in plenty of my images.

Regards Paul