SeanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Points for Panoramio photos

On 2017-06-06, finally, my point count went down to 10 now.

I uploaded 5 photos and 5 reviews via the map.

I removed some reviews because they were not counted toward to the points.

no one will help you sort out the incorrect point counts issues. the only way is to delete everything.

Level 10

Thanks @SeanT for raising such an important issue.

@chinesedigger

@RvDijk

@CostasA

@GuenterR

@SeanT wrote:

I've got around 50 photos on Google Maps through Panoramio. I can see these photos in my Google Maps contributions, so my accounts are definitely linked correctly. However, their addition doesn't seem to reflect in my score. My points only recognise the number of photos I've contributed directly to Google Maps.

Will the scores be updated as part of Panoramio closing down?

Level 4

weird increaseweird increase

I don't really know why the LG suddenly was increased to 70 points without any activities. It was only 11 points a couple of days ago.

There must be many bugs in the point calculation program. I had bad experiences with dropping points without any activities, now the points increased without any reason. The LG is really weird why the points will be increased without a reason.

Now I'm wondering ....

What photos were added from my photo app without any user consent?

You can NEVER trust how many LG points you supposed to get.

2017-06-27 notes:

points changed againpoints changed again

I have not done anything, the points was decreased without any reason just like it was increased without any reason.

It just arbitrarily increases and decreases the points. I only have limited actions, so that I can easily track if the calculation has bug or not.

Not fun...

2017-06-29 my points were back to 70. I don't have many items, so that I can trace my points. It is impossible to trace your points if you have a lot of photos and reviews. So far the point calculation cannot be trusted.

Level 7

Are we supposed to get points by contributing Google Street View photos through the app?  I currently have received no points for street view photos unless I attached it to a place listing.  Not cool.

Level 5

It's probably required to attach it to a point of interest. I wish we could add natural points of interest, because most of my photos aren't of businesses and such, and often the nearest point of interest available is really far away, or a huge area, where the best choice for attaching my photo is not very good.

Level 8

Keep your photos in Album Archive

If you have a Google account linked with your Panoramio account, we will automatically copy your Panoramio photos to the Google Album Archive when Panoramio is retired in November 2017.

• You must link your profile before November 2017 for this to occur.
  • Copied photos will not use any of your Google storage quota.
  • Eligible images and your View Counts will be transferred into Google Maps and will be visible when you sign in to Maps and access theContributions screen from the main menu. Images will only show in Google Maps if you have linked your profile with a Google+ account and you are attributing photos using your name (rather than Panoramio nickname).
  • Panoramic photos

Panoramic photos and photos uploaded via the Street View app must be linked to a point of interest or a business on Google Maps in order to count for Local Guides points.

ALAYA.HASSENE
Level 4

Thanks for replying.

I linked to my profile before they discontinued the service and all photos could be displayed via local guide.  My initial offered points were decreased with no reason, so I decided to manually remove all my Panoramio photos little by little.  I don't have any interesting on the local guide anymore, even I still have a few photos there (so I know how the points were calculated). The user interface is not as good as Panoramio.  

Level 3

I linked my Panoramio account to my Google account, synced, transferred. Now in Google Local Guides I see my 1,146 Panoramio photos listed that were showing up in Google Earth on the Panoramio layer, and in Google Maps.

Not ONE of my 1,146 photos have shown up in the new Google Earth \ Google Maps Photos, nor do my photos show up in Google Maps.

It is as if I linked / transferred forward to Google for nothing.

Is it possibly only new photos I upload to Google Local Guides which will show up in these other two places?

Level 4

Good luck.

It is not easy to view the transferred scenery photos via this app.

So I removed almost all my existing photos, and left a handful photos, so that I know the points are calculated correctly.

Now I use flickr for my trip photos and also posted some on tripadvisor.