linkspider's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Pizza Express Canterbury Kent England

Ok, well I'm becoming a regular at pizza express having eaten at the two establishments in Ashford a number of times. I reviewed them and found the food and service to a very high standard. I am visiting this branch on Monday 21st January 2019 at 6.45pm to see if they are as good as their Ashford Branches, which I hope to be the case. If other Local Reviewers would like to join me and see if we can get some re-reviews or new reviews that would be great. I am also posting this article on the Business Listing for the store. This is a temporary post and will be edited later tonight.IMG_0204.JPG

Glen Roger Bridgland
4 Best Lane, Canterbury, UK
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Pizza Express Canterbury Kent England

@linkspider

Thanks for the post and look forward to see final edit late night.

Please check on sauce and topping  evenly spread.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Hi @linkspider,

The pizza is looking delicious, thanks for sharing!

It's great that you want to review this place and have others join you. 

For another time, you might want to consider hosting a meet-up. This is a great way for other Local Guides in your area to see your event.

You can take a look at How to host a Local Guides meet-up for more information.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @linkspider

What is your favorite pizza? I tend to choose the ones with mushrooms and yellow cheese.

I am waiting for your recap on your visit today. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

The full review has been included in this post, which can also be found on the companies business listing. I have not availed to include the photograph's here however after approval will also be listed on the companies business profile with search results.

Well, tucked away from the high street, in a side road, with the front door closed we walk to the rear of the restaurant. Passing a wrought iron gate we entered the building. It was a cold night and we were happy to be seated in a corner next to the radiator.

We took our time choosing from the menu and we didn't seem rushed. We were given the time to talk to each other about our days activities. We had some soft drinks and some wonderful stuffed green olives, these are a must if you visit pizza express.

I ordered Leggera Padana pizza which consisted of Goats cheese, caramelised onion, spinach, red onion, tomato and garlic oil. A bit thin on the tomato puree however perfectly symmetrical toppings.

Whilst my fiancee ate a Carbonara Pizza made from pancetta, mozzarella and garlic oil on bechamel base, baked with a free range egg and finished with grated Gran Milano cheese and fresh parsley. Lots of bechamel base sauce however, uneven spread of pancetta.

Why o' why does my fiancee choose better dishes of food to eat than myself. As soon as I looked at my fiancees pizza I wanted to swap dishes with her. At least I was given a few slices - and yes the bechamel base is quite special.

I liked my main course. I was trying to avoid eating meat and my main was under 600 calories. So I had two deserts instead as I hadn't eaten all day.

I had raspberry ripple cheesecake on a crunchy biscuit base, topped with sweet honeycomb and chocolate pieces, served with mascarpone.

My fiancee had moist carrot cake and a cup of tea. I tried hers and yet again I felt like I'd lost out - so, I ordered myself a piece with an espresso.

The service was quick and attentive, the restaurant had an upstairs, downstairs and three function rooms, disabled access and disabled toilets.

The volume of the music was acceptable, conversation volume was good and children with mum and dad where very well behaved with perfect charm and etiquette.

Glen Roger Bridgland
Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the review @linkspider, I am sure that the restaurant management is going to like it as well. 

Very well written, and if I were to search for this restaurant before visiting, I would definitely go based on your review. 

It sounds like an overall great place with delicious food.