luis_rich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Pitaya, a refreshing fruit.

I bring to the pitaya a fruit that is very similar to the prickly pears, but it is more colorful and sweet, it occurs every summer and is very fresh, just to withstand this heat.PitayaPitaya

Collector of moments, stories and circumstances
Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Pitaya, a refreshing fruit.

I never heard about this fruit before but it looks interesting, especially, the texture of the fruit. Is the fruit related to Cactus? 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Former Google Contributor

Hello @luis_rich,

Thank you for sharing this photo with us, these fruits look very interesting! Did you take the photo at an open-air market?

Personally, it's the first time ever that I hear about and see such a fruit! How does it tastes like? 

From a prima vista and just like @fasi6083, this fruit reminded me about the cactus one, which I love.

PS: Please, have in mind that there is a fine line between promoting and presenting something that you like. Some might consider the little billboard behind the fruits as a promotion, which is against the rules of Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hello, if the photo is a fair that is done every year it is called the pitaya fair and it is done in a public space. The pitaya has a not very sweet flavor and is very fresh, I know how to do it, you only remove the shell and already, very similar to a tuna. And that's how @fasi6083  comments it comes from a cactus and when it is born it has many thorns.
About the ad, only information that they sell pitaya bread, but I will take into consideration for next occasions the recommendation that you make me. Cheers

Level 8

Hello @fasi6083 that's right, the pitaya is the fruit of a cactus, in fact when the fruit is born it has many thorns, that's why when you should be careful because although they clean it and remove most of the thorns there is always one or the other, but they are not dangerous. Regards.

Level 10

Thanks for the reply @luis_rich 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 9

Hello @luis_rich 

I have never seen this fruit before until now.

How does it taste?.

Does it have fibre?

Best regards. 

Level 8

Hello, @Austinelewex  it is a very fresh fruit, it has a somewhat sweet flavor and I do not know if I have fiber, but it tastes great, regards.