Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: POINTS issue!

Thanks @Ravi_Kiran 😊😊😊

Level 8

Points issue

My points is still reducing for nothing.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Points issue

Hi @bayoan800@AjitW and @HelloSamsonR

The team has fixed the issue and Local Guides are now able to see the latest photo view counts on their profile again. We appreciate your patience. We are also aware of the issue of the missing photos and points on the Local Guides profile and are currently investigating the issue.

To keep things organized, we are closing this post and if you'd like you can keep track of this issue in this post.

Thank you very much

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

Photos in Google Maps - Total Views

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their total photo views??
Mine hadn't updated for a week, then it appeared to update, showing
2,787,047 two days ago.
No update yesterday, then an update, but goes DOWN! to

It's clear from previous discussion threads that this is a recurring issue.

Simple question...

Why is it so hard to sort this out???

I can't be the only Local Tour Guide out there that has their day brightened by seeing their views increase every day. 

Level 10

Inaccurate photo count & stagnant photo views

There are 631 photos uploaded in my account but the photo count is decreased to 549. The number of exact photos is shown in the first screen shot. In second screen shot is the wrong number of photos. The photos uploaded are good and related to the place. Moreover I have also written subject for almost all the photos. Secondly the photo views are not updated on basis...  @Corrie @KarenVChin @ProfArunCM @TraciC @GusMoreiraExact photo count with stagnant photo viewsExact photo count with stagnant photo views

Inaccurate photo count 549Inaccurate photo count 549

Level 7

Re: Photos in Google Maps - Total Views

@GYours

We have been discussing this with other local guides here. It is not only a problem you are experiencing; I hope it will be fixed sooner. 

Level 8

@MariaBi , @TraciC I lost 2000+ Points and 500+ Photos. I have spent N number of days and N number of hours in google maps contributions all of a sudden my contributions dropping. Please check and advise, Thanks Much.

Level 10

Photo disappeared !!!

Need help please.

Hi everyone, 

I noticed just now that my total points have decreased and I found that about 1000 photos have disappeared from my published photos. 

It is like someone is deleting them. How this can happen since no one have access to my account

You can see that since yesterday I have posted 5571 photos and by today they have decreased to 4570 photos. 

Screenshot_2017-06-27-14-09-36.png

Screenshot_2017-06-27-13-53-58.png

Level 10

Re: Decline in points

Hi! I experience the same problem. BUT !!!!!!  It's not just the points that decline but perfectly fine

and allowed pictures (landscapes, buildings, etc.) simply disappear. I don't think points are the most

important issue here. Whoever takes Google Maps and Local Guides seriously would like to

help the community. It is a certain responsibility. When we post pictures we think it could help

others know the place better and/or use (or not to use) services they have to offer. SOOOOO  !!!!!!

If pictures simply disappear without any reason and explanation we feel pretty discouraged.

Also, when we post a certain amount of pictures (say 500+) we can't check and verify all the

time that they are still there. PLEASE FIX BUGS !!!!! Thanks. 

Level 10

@MariaBi Am not talking about photos views count. What I mean is the point is declining. I check now to see all my contributions everything remains the same, but the points are declining. What is the reason???