Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Perks of Being a Local Guide

Will be careful next time. 🙂

Level 5

I often times get strange looks - like " he must really be bored" when I take photos of outside & inside stores. Once I was in an antique store and the owner asked me not to take photos, so I stopped. But when he asked why I was doing it and I explained it, he said "great, go ahead" 

Connect Moderator

Yo creo que el espíritu de un Local Guides es ser respetuoso con la propiedad privada, las fotos son lo que mejoran nuestros puntajes en Google Maps y en los Post de Google + son lo que casi justifica que realicemos un aporte en una Comunidad o en una Colección, sin ellas sería un Bloog de solo comentarios. A diferencia de Connect que es lo mejor de ambos mundos. Pero regresando al hilo de la conversación. El ser Local Guide es colaborar y comentar lo que ves y sientes en un lugar. Exploradores.

Former Google Contributor

You are not the first sharing that experience, @DavidOrr!

I guess that this may happen especially in situations where you are not a patron of the business. Because if you are having lunch there, for instance, almost everybody accept that people are going to take photos of everything 🙂 (unless you are David Chang, that is).

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

wow, that looks inviting. the photograph contains lot of detail under soft light. 

Level 8

Great educational opportunity for others. We can always learn for others to improve our experiences.  Thanks for the input @LuisRG 🙂

Robby Sayles