Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Panoramic Views of Old Delhi from the Jama Masjid Minarets

View from the Jama Masjid Minaret, photo by local guide @Tushar_SuradkarView from the Jama Masjid Minaret, photo by local guide @Tushar_Suradkar
Last month when I visited the largest mosque in India the Jama Masjid in Delhi, I had to ignore this board inviting me in as many as seven languages to climb the minarets or one of its towers due to time constraints. 

Caption: Collage of the Jama Masjid Minarets in Delhi Made by Local Guide @Tushar_Suradkar

Last week I was again at the mosque and bought the ticket that was only INR 50. The ticket clerk told that there are only 120 steps to climb.

But the steps turned out to be too steep though they had hand railings. There was also the provision of a battery-operated electric vehicle for the differently-abled and senior citizens who could not walk around the premises of the mosque. 

Caption: Collage of the Jama Masjid Minarets in Delhi Made by Local Guide @Tushar_Suradkar

When walking across the first-floor corridor, on the right side was a close-up view of the majestic domes of this largest mosque in India, and on the left side was the busy market outside where the auto-rickshaws added to the chaos. The green color of the autos means they run on CNG and not petrol as they do out here in Gurugram.

This leads to the entrance to the minaret that is facilitated by an iron stair.

Immediately upon entering there are spiral stairs that barely allowed one person to pass so it becomes a tight situation when coming across people who are climbing down and are fat-bellied.

Also, there are plenty of jharokas or narrow openings for both illumination and ventilation. These can also be seen from the outside of the minaret as pointed by the yellow arrows in the collage below.

On reaching the top, on one side is the view of almost the entire Red Fort in the distant far along with its walls and the nearer view shows the market outside the Jama Masjid.

The top of the minaret is a circular chamber that shows a 360° view of Old Delhi and below is the view of the majestic domes of the mosque and the other side of old Delhi.

There are also several interesting things to observe on the way back like this board displaying the prayer timings of which I could only understand the Seheri meaning early morning besides this mean cat 😼 who refused to translate the rest of the Arabic words to me. 

Overall it was an experience of a lifetime viewing the panoramic scapes of old Delhi from atop the tall minarets.

Monument Tips

• Visit the mosque in the morning since the sunlight falls facing the mosque only up to 12 noon and after that, you may have to click photos with the shade of the mosque and also the grand entrance upon themself and these two are the most photogenic structures.

• There are no entry fees for the Mosque.

• There is no need to remove shoes outside the mosque but only outside the main prayer hall. 

Have you been to a tall structure or tower and enjoyed the panoramic views of the surrounding area? I'd be interested in knowing your experiences.

Until then... Happy guiding 😊

Tushar_Suradkar_0-1596075880486.png Accessibility Features

Being a medieval-era place of worship, there are no accessibility-related features for the differently-abled, except the parking and the toilet outside the main gate.

Ramp Access.
A wheelchair-accessible Entrance.
 ✔️A wheelchair-accessible Parking.
 ✔️A wheelchair-accessible Restroom/Toilet.

Delhi, India
9 comments
Level 7

Re: Panoramic Views of Old Delhi from the Jama Masjid Minarets

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar  , hope you are fine. 

Your post always my favorite . And your first photo is really very much impressive . Many many thanks share this post with us.

If you have free time, you can view my last post , its about Vietnam . i hope you like, and need your guide.

Love from Bangladesh .

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar 

View from the top of Kutubminar was said to be fascinating. Regret the general public does not have access to that. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the appreciation dear @sweetnovember99 

I have visited your trip article and found it to be very informative and enjoyable - thank you for notifying 👍

Connect Moderator

@C_T 

I enquired about the access in Qutub Minar last month but it was closed following a stray incident recently.

It was accessible back in 2003 when I stayed here briefly for 1 year.

They should really allow that since the surrounding area is a huge forest and also the nearby monuments will be visible as well.

Connect Moderator

Dear @KashifMisidia - your dream trip to this mosque now has got more reasons to get here soon.

Also, dear @Muhammad_Usman for your attention... 😊

Level 10

Yes it is also my dream trip Thanks for Mention me. here are two Jamma mosques you can see post here Badshahi Mosque and Wazir Khan Mosque from Lahore 8- View of Main Building8- View of Main Building

Main Building of Badshahi MosquesMain Building of Badshahi Mosques

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 8

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar cover photo is Jabardast (Amazing). What a nice click buddy...! All photos are very informative and useful. Thanks for sharing here buddy.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing wonderful pictures of the mosques in Lahore @Muhammad_Usman 

I haven't yet visited so exquisitely decorated mosque yet in India. Perhaps there are none.

The Badshahi mosque looks remarkably similar to the Jama Masjid in Delhi.

Also, your phrase 'here are two Jamma mosques' raises a query... what are Jamma mosques?

Are they different from other mosques?

Connect Moderator

Thank you dear @Rohan10 

Fortunately, the weather was exceptionally clear with plenty of sunshine and no fog.

Also, I have a new cellphone with a 13 MP camera and the photo I have shared is not even the full size.