AllanNShweky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Over 5 million photo views

Just passed 5.2 million photo views with 676 photos. Started in September 2016. Most photos were taken in Brooklyn and Manhattan in NYC. Great fun and improved my photography skills at the same time. What could be better?

NYC, NY, United States
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Over 5 million photo views

Woww 5.2 Views !! that amazing brother !! 

Level 7

Thanks.  It's been fun.  But still trying to figure out why some photos ( of the same location) generate crazy viewing numbers and other photos, that I think are more worthy, don't.

@MedRidaZ wrote:

Woww 5.2 Views !! that amazing brother !! 

Connect Moderator

Wooo hooo @AllanNShweky, congrats on reaching the 5+ million photo view mark on Google Maps! 

Keep up with posting great photos! You're helping your NYC communities find what they are looking for.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@AllanNShweky good work keep it going

Level 3

well done  @AllanNShweky good job....

Level 8

I know what you mean.  I assume there's some kind of algorithm that somehow decides which photos are "better" and then shows them to map users first.   I also started around the same time as you, have roughly the same # of photos, but just passed the 10.2 million views mark.  I met a bigwig Guide in Toronto recently who'd had over 100 million views.  

Level 7

Honestly, it's the most satisfying feeling watching the view counter go up. Congrats on hitting 5 million views! 

Level 7

What I have been noticing is when there is a highly populated area and a store that does not recieve many reviews, your one review maybe more valuable than you think. 

For example, if you were to go to a mall and you notice a McDonalds in the basement of the mall. There is a very high chance that most people don't go to the mall to review Mc Donald's and post photos. 

But, on the flip side. How many people do you think are searching for a local McDonalds to get there morning cup of coffee. Your review/ photo than becomes more noticed. (Ties in a lot with localized SEO tactics)

I noticed this trick while wondering through malls and little shops out in the middle of now where. I'm recieving 1000+ views a day from some because my photos are the only ones being posted on these franchise stores and local businesses.  

Level 9

Congratulations @AllanNShweky I just barely passed the 4 million views mark the other day...

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions