fasi6083's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

One Day Trip Suggestions in AlKhobar city, Saudi Arabia

Beach shed made of Palm leavesBeach shed made of Palm leaves

Inspired from the post of @InaS Iam sharing the activities which tourists can enjoy for one day in my local city, Al-Khobar. AlKhobar city is in the Eastern province, Saudi Arabia. This city is well known for its clean and beautiful beaches along with the traditional food, local market (Souks), scientific parks and most importantly the head quarters of worlds largest Oil producer company “Saudi Aramco”. In this post I will share how a typical beach looks in my neighborhood along with the food varieties. I took the example of a beach located very close to my accommodation.

Places of Interest:

• Beaches (Corniche): The beaches here are usually well surrounded with food restaurants, trees and play grounds.
    • Activities can be done at the beaches: Walking, jogging, fishing, Family picnic, Boating, Jet skiing, swimming etc. Many entertainment and cultural events are usually performed near this iconic location.

Palm Trees at the BeachPalm Trees at the Beach

Walway for Jogging and walkingWalway for Jogging and walking

WalkwayWalkway

Beach AreaBeach Area

TidesTides

S-8.jpg

Traditional Breakfast, Food Name in Clockwise Direction: Yemeni Foul, Mutabbaq, Masoub (Dessert), Kibdah (Liver fried)Traditional Breakfast, Food Name in Clockwise Direction: Yemeni Foul, Mutabbaq, Masoub (Dessert), Kibdah (Liver fried)

Faham chicken with bukhari RiceFaham chicken with bukhari Rice

Maqboos Chicken with Shawaya Chicken Rice in MiddleMaqboos Chicken with Shawaya Chicken Rice in Middle

Left: Shish Tawoof; Middle: Shawarma; Right: KunafaLeft: Shish Tawoof; Middle: Shawarma; Right: Kunafa

Juices and Typical decoration with fruits in Juice ParlorsJuices and Typical decoration with fruits in Juice Parlors

Cheese Tortilla with Zaatar on topCheese Tortilla with Zaatar on top

Transportation:

• Public transportation in Saudi Arabia is still at early stage with only limited number of buses used for transportation from airport to the city. Taxis, Vehicle for hire and rental cars are the ones which are predominantly used for transportation.
  • Many rental car options are available at the airport. Passport, Visa, and International license is sufficient to get the car from any rental company.
    • Recommendation: If possible, select the comprehensive insurance coverage option. The price is nominal, and it is quite easy to cover the damage. Company name “Najm” is responsible to handle any accident and the related procedures.  

Internet and Communication:

• Mobile data and calling charges in KSA are relatively low when compare to other Arab countries.
  • For most tourists it would be expensive using the roaming services.  The local sim cards are easily available for tourists at airports with local rates.
  • Zain, Friendi mobile, Virgin Mobile and Lebara are some service providers which offer sim cards for tourists staying for shorter duration. Passport and visa copy are needed to buy the sim card from any local store.
KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Khobar Saudi Arabia
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: One Day Trip Suggestions in AlKhobar city, Saudi Arabia

Hello @fasi6083 

This is a very detailed post and pictures very clear and nice. Its looks a very serene and restful place. Is it open to the public now or is it still close because of the pandemic? Thanks for sharing👍🏽

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Google Vendor

It is awesome @fasi6083! Thanks for sharing with us such a detailed post! I'm sure many other Local Guides will find it very interesting to read. 

Your city looks so beautiful, and the food so delicious. The cheese tortilla with za'atar spices on top, I guess would be my favorite. Out of all of the dishes you shared, which one is your favorite? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Wow, what an amazing place it is! @fasi6083 

The beach area and the walkway looks very beautiful through your photos. All your shared photos are spectacular. Thank you for sharing with us.

Vijay Paradkar
India
Level 10

Thanks for such a nice compliment @InaS I love the taste of Faham chicken served with Bukhari rice and in the juice category I like Falooda topped with a scoop of vanilla icecream.

Level 10

Iam glad you like it my friend @SholaIB Yes the beaches are open to public here, infact I visited a beach last weekend with my family.

Level 10

مرحبا

شكرا جزيلا لك على المشاركة عبر التوثيق الجميل للرحلة إلى مدينة الخبر الرائعة.

تقرير جدا رائع، دمتم بخير.

تحياتي لك

B
Level 10

Thank you my friend @vijayparadkar If you are planning a visit to Saudi Arabia do try visiting Alkhobar.

Level 10

Thanks brother @alokeme Iam glad you like the post.

Level 10

Wow! GREAT !! so beautiful post my friend @fasi6083 

so nice place Alkhobor city ! Nest when I will visit for Hajj I may visit city also!!🤩💚

Thanks for you well written post and beautiful photos 🤩💜

Have a nice day my friend ⚘⚘

Here is my recent post  

MD MAHBUB HYDER