mohammadrezaNa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Old door knockers

The old people of Iran had a special way to inform residents of the houses. They used different door knockers. One of them (the left one) works like a hammer. Which has a bass voice. And this means that there is a man behind. And the other one (right one) is similar a ring which has a treble voice, means that a women is behind the door.

you can visit my ancient doors album.

Did you have same knocker in your area?

1897732_650009031738679_156456511_n.jpg

Masuleh, Gilan Province, Iran
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Old door knockers

Wow great pictures @mohammadrezaNa I saw the album now and I love it, thanks for sharing with :)... Very beautiful and nice kind of ancient doors :)... Really love it 🙂

Level 8

I am very happy you love it @HelloSamsonR , Thank you.

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Wow great pictures @mohammadrezaNa I saw the album now and I love it, thanks for sharing with :)... Very beautiful and nice kind of ancient doors :)... Really love it 🙂

Level 10

You are welcome @mohammadrezaNa :)... My friends also here love seeing this kind of things @LucioV @OSAMA @AkmalB @NarenChandra they love seeing this kind of things, am sure they would love this. I really enjoyed the wonderful photography, thanks for sharing with us once again 🙂

Level 10

I had seen many kind of door knockers but this is the most interesting door knocker I ever seen .separate for men and women. 

Beautiful photos in your ancient door album @mohammadrezaNa

Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

@AkmalB @mohammadrezaNa @HelloSamsonR thanks for tagging me in this beautiful post

Level 9

Very nice interesting post bro @mohammadrezaNa 👍🎉🎁😊🎉🎁👍

@mohammadrezaNa wrote:

The old people of Iran had a special way to inform residents of the houses. They used different door knockers. One of them (the left one) works like a hammer. Which has a bass voice. And this means that there is a man behind. And the other one (right one) is similar a ring which has a treble voice, means that a women is behind the door.

you can visit my ancient doors album.

Did you have same knocker in your area?

1897732_650009031738679_156456511_n.jpg

Level 10

In fact these knockers are first generation of video door phones and nearly can help us to know who is beyond the door 😄

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

How many people passed from this door during the years? 18.jpg