ADIBABUEEE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

No Perks yet

Hi friends...I have reached to level 8...

I heard so many of our friends got redBus coupons etc....

But i got nothing yet...

Is there any way to get these type of perks...

Please help me....

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 comments
Level 8

Re: No Perks yet

Hi @ADIBABUEEE

Make sure to have

"Perks ON"

Keep me updated about special discounts, partner offers, invitations to events, and more.

in Settings

Keep an eye on News Updates in order not to miss any perks or updates. Check your spam folder too as sometimes these end up there. 

Please: I consider new updates, new features as a perk which we get. 🙂

Please have a look Repository of lists of Perks for Local Guides compiled by @StephenAbraham

Cheers

Level 10

@Badruddeen from the info you provided it appears perks ceased in 2017.  Not sure if that is the case, just saying.

Level 8

Hi @ADIBABUEEE @MarkAidan 

Local Guides who have opted in to receive benefit emails will be updated with any new perks. Please visit your email-settings and be sure to check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder to make sure you don't miss any news. by BruceDM link

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @ADIBABUEEE
Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community

This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.  Please be informed that there is no payment or being an LG is not a job.

Local Guides is a voluntary program and many people participate in it because they want to be able to help others via the Google Maps platform.

Sometimes, there are perks available and it will vary from time to time and from region to region. It depends on who the Google partners are. There may also be special and/or early access to Google features. You can read more about it on the official support page found here.

You can also read a bit about this on this page "Why be a Local Guide?

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'.