AGarner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times

When I tried to redeem this offer, I was told the code had already been used???? Not by me -- what's with sending me an unusable code????

Level 2

got the perk for the NYTimes digital sub but I already have sub to NYT.  anything I can do to extend my sub?  

thanks!

Level 7

I sent an email and got an automated message back that didn't respond. I am already a NY Times subscriber.

Level 3

Actually had redeemed this 3 months ago, but just got a reminder email. Also, the NYT account had no means of cancelling nor any information about future billing. Just spent 15 minutes on the phone with two reps to get a cancellation, after they admitted they had no idea what this free program was, and I had to listen to multiple sales pitches and decline them before they would cancel the subscription, for which they could not provide any billing information, only the new offers that were higher than their public Pricing page.

In other words, Buyer Beware, especially when something is called "Complimentary."

Really, I love the New York Times, but I can't afford it as a senior citizen facing rising Medicare costs. This is a marketing issue, and Google should not participate in such a bait and switch operation that goes from a "Complimentary" subscription to an unannounced price jack above retail pricing.

Level 3

When I click on the "Start Now" button in my invitation email to use New York Times perk for Local Guides, I get taken to a page with a pre-filled code.  When I click on the Redeem button, I get an error message that says "This code has already been redeemed. Please check that you entered the code correctly."  I have never redeemed the code, so this feels like a bit of a disappointment.  Thanks.  Take care.  Cheers.

Level 5

I sent an email, but only got an automated response that didn't indicate that there would be any further communication. Will there be a followup? Isn't there a way to publicly provide this information to make it simpler?

Level 3

I hit the redeem button and it says the code has already been redeemed. I never redeemed it before. Have I been hacked? Have you been hacked?

Level 7

Meh. It times out.

Level 3

oops. thx. 

Level 6

I tried sending a message, as I'm already  a nytimes subscriber, but all I got back was some automated email that did not answer the question.

Is there a better link if you're already a subscriber (my subscriber email is different to the ID associated with google services like the guides)?

thanks