AGarner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times

Hi @tharple,

I am sorry you had a bad experience here. The cancellation process is not something we as Moderators can help with but I believe that if you were charged earlier than you anticipated or expected, you should be able to get a refund. There are many websites that are problematic with removing billing information but cancellation should ultimately lead to a removal of your information.

Please also try this Customer Service number to see if they can help: 1 (800) 698-4637

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Great perk.  I love catching up with the news and now I can do it with New York Times for free.  Thanks Google!🤘🏻

Level 6

i think you're the only one who got it....

Level 5

DON'T SIGN UP FOR THIS! The NY Times will trick you and offer "$1 for an additional 2 months digital subscription at no obligation"

THIS IS A SCAM! They tell you that its NO OBLIGATION and then as soon as you hand over payment information, such as PayPal, then they continue to auto-charge you monthly for the service at $15.99 a month. When I called to tell them I signed up for a "NO OBLIGATION" extension to the subscription, they said that in agreeing to their Terms & Conditions to allow the $1 charge that I automatically agreed to the monthly auto charge of $15.99. WHAT!? So not only is the offer deceptive, but unethical as well. Just another company who fishes to auto-charge unsuspecting customers once they get a valid payment source from them, hoping they never catch up to their scam.

Google should be ashamed of its partnership with NY Times. I feel completely cheated by both companies.

Level 9

Hello. I loved the free NYT perk. It was enjoyed daily. It has now ended and how I wish Google Maps could "extend" it for us. Thanks so much again!

Level 7

This is a very cool perk thank you for sharing!