TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

My Movie discount code is marked as redeemed by someone else! Help!!!!

Level 9

Re: Your Google Play perk - that is worth nothing

Yup.  I understand the purpose behind the restriction for regular free trials, but this is supposed to be a reward for contributing.  The 3 month free trial of Google Play Music is something that's offered to anyone multiple times recently, so it's not really a perk at all - Google just wants us to think it is.  You also used to be able to get increased Drive storage at a certain Local Guide level, but they took that away too.  Google is a for-profit company that's convinced users to give it free (proprietary) data in exchange for "points" that are effectively meaningless.  This may be the thing that finally makes me stop contributing to Google and instead contribute to something like Open Street Maps, which at least makes it data open-source for all to use.

Level 5

I love this perk but it's really a bummer that it's not available to existing subscribers. It almost feels like less of a perk and more of an upsell for current non-play subscribers. 

Level 7

Re: Level-4 benefits for local guide

Thanks so at level 4 I am eligible for the 100 GB drive space?

Kindly share a link where i can redeem it as i seem to be having issues with the one shared on the thread

@LucioV wrote:

Hi,a quick reminder

Points are only for levels and some perks and benefits.
From https://www.google.com/local/guides/benefits/
Level 1: newly registered local guide, earn points by
adding photos to existing businesses/point of interest
adding details to points in maps: ie, phone number, address, etc.
correct point informations: ie pin position in map, closing business, etc.
adding new businesses
Perks: you can access workshops, hangouts, and some other info related to LG program
Level 2: 5 or more points
Perks: early access to functions and apps in the google maps environment, create local meetups and promote them
Level 3: 50 or more points
Perks: receive the LG badge on your profile in maps, you can create a local community on google+, receive invites for Google Maps events in some cities
Level 4: 200 or more points
Perks: receive 100 Gb free (for 1 year) of upgrade of your Drive space on Google, you are entitled to be listed in LG lists online
Level 5: 500 or more points
Perks: enter the beta program of Google Maps and related apps, you can submit your request to take part to the annual Local Guides Summit

At this link you can check your redeem link for the perks: https://www.google.com/local/guides/home

Level 6

I am level 6, but couldn't apply to 3 months free google play music because I am not a "new user"... too sad.

Level 8

3 months free Google Play Music

-             -

Level 6

offer valid only for new users, disappointed.

Level 9

@unlikelyhalo I have to say, the "reward" is far from it.  Especially when I feel that Google could do so much better.  75% off Google Play movie rentals?  Who really cares?  I mean I can watch other streaming services for a lot cheaper and for the rate of per month...  Time for Google to step up their game!

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 5

Way to go Google, way to go...

giphy

Level 5

You said it! Couldn't agree more.