awesomecreation's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Smithsonian Earth perk for Local Guides

I don't have a credit card either, but I have a debit card that I tried to use. I'm not a fan of these "free until it ends, but you have to remember to cancel your plan before you're charged" programs. They seem bait-and-switchy to me. They're not, I understand that, but they seem that way to me. Yes, a token or activation code would work wonders where, then the service provider could send an email: "You're free trial is about to end, would you like to continue at $3.00 per month?" as opposed to hoping people forget to cancel, like AOL did back in the early aughts.

Level 5

Smithsonian Earth perk for Local Guides

I don't see any option on smithsonianearthtv.com to enter the promotion code given to me by Google local guides . I did follow the steps correctly but no luck  Help me out. Thank you  

Connect Moderator

Hi @enigma90 I don't have access to the perk information (not available to Aussies) but I did see another person post on Connect that Smithsonian TV doesn't seem to like Chrome. If you're using Chrome perhaps try another browser and see if that helps. Please reply here if it does or doesn't.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @TexasCryptid I'm not sure if they are available in the USA, but in Australia we can get a pre-paid Visa debit card from the post office. Minimum value is $1, maybe if they're available to you that might be an option?

I will merge this with the main thread.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Browser is not the issue since I enabled third party cookies. Is there a way someone can enter the promo code  

Level 7

Re: New Perk from Google for Local guides!

Did u sign up 4 the perk? Just seeing does ur say going to renew at the end of this month.