Ian74's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

New Guide

Hi everyone

I'm a new guide in Melbourne Australia. I'd love to hear from anyone who can offer tips or advice on how to make the most of this opportunity and give people in the community quality information.

Cheers

Melbourne VIC, Australia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: New Guide

Hey @Ian74,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

If you ever have questions or just want to learn more about the Local Guides program, you can visit the Help Desk or search the community to find what others have already shared.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Thanks so much😁

Level 5

Hi Hi

I'm fairly new too! I don't think there are many guides in Melbourne. 

It feels like there used to be more but now there is less or they are less responsive.

But hello and welcome!

@Ian74 wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm a new guide in Melbourne Australia. I'd love to hear from anyone who can offer tips or advice on how to make the most of this opportunity and give people in the community quality information.

Cheers

Level 8

Hi @Ian74 @missyfox

Thanks @FelipePK for your input.

I know someone from Melbourne (Local Guide) Connect Moderator @PaulPavlinovich

Paul can give lot of tips and advice.

Cheers.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ian74 and @missyfox there are tens of thousands of Local Guides in Melbourne. Over the years I've personally met hundreds,if not thousands of us on photowalks and map edit walks. When we had a supported community on g+ several years ago we had about 15,000 members.

I was actually thinking to myself yesterday when adding a business that its been a while since I've been able to add a new place because there are so many Local Guides now they tend to find things before I do. This is awesome because it means that Maps is better than it ever has been with good completeness and accuracy of information. I've also noticed that the frequency of likes on reviews is going up which suggests that there are people out there finding my reviews useful.

To find people here on Connect I'd suggest searching for Melbourne (but watch out for those people in Florida 😉 also keep your eye out for Meetups or feel free to create one. It is up to us to put Melbourne all over Connect and make it easier for people to find us. I'd suggest putting [Melbourne] in your topic and always putting a Location on any posts that you make. If you have Meetup ideas but don't want to lead one yourself give me a yell as I'm happy to take on just about anything. September is wide open right now so lets hear your ideas.

We've got two people representing Melbourne at Connect Live 2018 (myself and Maria).

You may have seen the posts that there are new things coming to Connect, one of those things will make it much easier to find local people who have a good story to tell.

Thanks for the ping @Badruddeen