thewaytoaavas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Nepalese Cuisine - Sydney

Whenever I get free time, used to go around Sydney to find some Nepalese restaurant for Nepalese food.

This time I went to Laltin Nepalese Cuisine,  Rockdale and ordered some of these food. 

IMG_20220109_141019_496.jpg

IMG_20220109_141030_306.jpg

 Mo:Mo Platter

IMG_20220109_141030_306.jpg

Mo:Mo Platter:  Set of Dumplings  Steamed, fried, spiced etc.

IMG_20220109_141035_826.jpg

Bhutun:

IMG_20220109_141045_519.jpg

Bhutun: Goat offal stir-fried in a mix of Himalayan herbs and spices, served with salad.

IMG_20220109_141051_564.jpg

Khaja Set

IMG_20220109_141057_280.jpg

Khaja Set: Curry potatoes, black eyed beans and bamboo shoot(Aalu Tama Bodi), Spicy Potato Salad(Alu ko Achar), Beaten Rice Flakes(Chiura), Spicy Soyabean (Bhatmas Sadheko), Black Lentil patties (Mash Ko Bara), BBQed Spicy Marinated Meat (Chowela)

IMG_20220109_141102_666.jpg

Chowela

IMG_20220109_141109_169.jpg

Chowela: Meat marinated with Himalayan herbs,  green chillies, spring onion, Ginger, Garlic, Lime and Mustard oil Served with tomato salad.

Rockdale NSW, Australia
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Nepalese Cuisine - Sydney

Nepalese food is popular in India and every street would have some momo shop or stall.

But an entire Nepalese cuisine is new to me @thewaytoaavas 

Excellent photos 👍 and Welcome to Connect 🙏

If possible, also include the Google Maps link of the restaurant in your post for the knowledge of local guides.

Thank you and looking forward to more posts from you.

Connect Moderator

All food superd @thewaytoaavas this my first time to know Nepal food instead indian food because I think similar ! 

One thing that I wanna know,in Nepal that's rice is staples food because I don't see rice on your dishes? 

Thanks so much

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the share @thewaytoaavas ! Are you based in Sydney? My sister is there for a while so I was just wondering if you have recommendations for food places to try? No specific style as she can eat most things. Thanks! 😊

And just a couple of pointers:

• I'm not sure if it was accidental or not, but you seem to have posted similar photos where some have short captions, some longer. Just one photo each for the momo platter (I love momos!), bhutun, khaja and chowela would do
  • If you can, do add the Google Maps link of the restaurant that you're reviewing or talking about. It makes it really handy for the readers to click on it and explore the venue on Maps! 👍

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Oh, and did you go here with SaheAlam who has also posted about the Nepalese Momos with photos from across the table?

@thewaytoaavas 

Level 8

It is amazing to see the food in Rockdale.

Thanks for sharing with us the pictures of the delicious food of the restaurant.

Is the restaurant always crowded?
Arjulla Hossain
Level 8

Yeah as @Tushar_Suradkar  sir said Nepali food is famous in india especially like momos in Delhi you see momos stalls in almost every street and they served thousands types of momos in Delhi 🥰

@thewaytoaavas 

Level 8