LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Negative reviews? An hotel owner found the right way to handle

No, sorry, was joking, not the right way:

http://www.radiocittadelcapo.it/archives/recensione-negativa-hotel-bologna-multa-i-clienti-insoddisf...

This hotel is advising users that will keep credit card data, and will apply a variable fee (50€ - 500€) to customers that will leave negative false reviews 🙂

I think this is the worst review handling process I ever seen 😄

7 comments
Level 6

Re: Negative reviews? An hotel owner found the right way to handle

I'm sorry but that is hilarious! LOL! I would totally do that too, if people were abusing the review system...

Level 10

@zacharywheeler wrote:

I'm sorry but that is hilarious! LOL! I would totally do that too, if people were abusing the review system...

Yes, but you should consider that is against LG and GMB rules! 🙂 It's the opposite of paying to have positive reviews, but in the same area 🙂

Level 6

Honestly, I think that is really bad how they can charge people up to 500 euros just for leaving a review on Google. The point of the review system on Google is to detail peoples personal experience being at the establishment, so people are entitled to that. I personally think the hotel listing should be removed from Google for doing such behavior. 

Level 10

And what about negative reviews from the crowd? They don't have my credit card details 😄 But I'm not going to leave them a negative review, obviously 🙂

I'm about to send a feedback inside maps asking to remove the Hotel from GMB.

Level 9

It's unethical, but that's why you create a dummy account wait about a month after your visit then leave a negative review, that is if you had a negative experience...

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Connect Moderator

Whoa. Is this even legal? I definitely will not stay in a hotel that have policy like this. I would be really interested to learn more about this. 

Level 10

@iyudhi wrote:

Whoa. Is this even legal? I definitely will not stay in a hotel that have policy like this. I would be really interested to learn more about this. 

Well, I think it's not legal, and is against GMB rules, so I've sent a feedback for immediate removal from the program 😉