terrencefernandes's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Need to flag pictures in batches

I have noticed that many public places and transport services have a lot of spam photos on google maps and there is no easy way to flag all of them - It has to be done manually which is painstakingly slow.

The Google agent replied mentioning to make a post here. Another user had the same issue not sure if there was any update on that.

Source Post: https://support.google.com/maps/thread/247045181/need-to-flag-pictures-in-batches?hl=en

I sometimes find locations with pictures posted to them that are not photos of the place whatsoever.  I try to flag these when I can.  Often for one location, a certain "offender" has uploaded multiple photos (sometimes 100+) of places other than this one.  And the only way to report these is to navigate to each one, flag it, select the reason for the flag, and complete a Captcha.

Google, something needs to change for this process.  Either:
  1. Give us a way to flag pictures in batches.
  2. Or assign a team to review a location's pictures when one or two have been flagged -- since a pattern likely indicates a certain user did a random batch upload of their photos without checking them.

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Need to flag pictures in batches

I pretty much agree with you, @terrencefernandes 

The lack of action or extreme delays are my main concern.

Please see How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps and
You can now report entire profiles for abuse on Google Maps.

The last link might be what you need.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 10

Re: Need to flag pictures in batches

This is a most needed feature @terrencefernandes and we asked a lot since several years ago. I hope they made it applicable.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides